Thread: AEM wideband help

Potential Tuner

AEM wideband help

I am trying to use my AEM (30-4100) wideband with my scanner and for some reason it only shows 12.7 AFR on my scanner no matter what my gauge says or during driving. I have tried it with just the white wire to input 1 and with/without a ground from the same post as the wideband to I/O space 5. I have searched but not found an answer just people that have had it and "fixed" it without explanation. Please any help or ideas would be great.

Tuner
    Just for testing purposes, use my config in this post and wire your white wire to EIO input 1 and ground to EIO terminal 5. You should see in the table view your actual AFR with the engine running scanner connected and logging activated. If you do then you have a set up issue in your config, so you should post that and explain what kind of vehicle you are working on.
    2006 Pontiac GTO 6.0L LS2 E40 6 Speed Manual
    2007 Pontiac G5-GT 2.4L LE5 E67 5 Speed Manual

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the try dtabbs, I tried your config but it wouldn't work because it said your windows office software is newer than mine? It is on a 1999 Camaro Z28. I set it up as was explained in the help section and am using the AEM wideband preset. Attached is my AEM ready scanner config.
    Last edited by ArcticLS1FL; 06-13-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Potential Tuner
    So I checked my white wire with a DMM and it is changing voltage from just over a volt to almost 5 volts but still only reads 12.7x-12.8x with the AEM wideband PID and with my modified PID i can get it to read 15.8x which is closer to what my WB is showing.I am attaching the config I am using. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    Since I have a changing voltage reading @ my WB output wire(white) could my issue be in my cable?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticLS1FL View Post
    Since I have a changing voltage reading @ my WB output wire(white) could my issue be in my cable?
    i can't read that config, can you just post a screen pic of the function your using

your wb output voltage is suppose to vary with respect to afr
    stock 99' LS1 + powerglide
    gt42 a/r 1.06
    #80lb siemens @ 43.5psi rail pressure on E85
    return fuel system runing 1:1 FPR
    aeromotive A-1000 pump
    2 bar SD tune

Potential Tuner
    How do I take a screen shot? I am using the same config as what is saved under HPT defined wideband pids for an AEM wb. I know the voltage should change, The fact that the voltage at the signal wire changes without showing any change in the scanner reading is what is confusing me.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticLS1FL View Post
    How do I take a screen shot? I am using the same config as what is saved under HPT defined wideband pids for an AEM wb. I know the voltage should change, The fact that the voltage at the signal wire changes without showing any change in the scanner reading is what is confusing me.
    print screen it and paste it into paint and save as a jpeg and upload

take a pic of the function in the user defined pids
    gt42 a/r 1.06
    aeromotive A-1000 pump
    2 bar SD tune

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the help vltrb-o here is that screen shot.

Tuner
    judging from this your device volt range is 5 (0-5v)

your afr range is 10 (20-10)

your offset is 10

never used an AEM but assure your using the correct output some gauges have a 0-1.1v output
    gt42 a/r 1.06
    aeromotive A-1000 pump
    2 bar SD tune

Tuner in Training
    It looks like your wideband is functioning correctly in regard to output. This shouldnt be that difficult to resolve. I was fairly new to HP Tuners and simply followed the steps in this video to hook up my 30-4100 to the pro VCM. Zero problems setting it up

http://www.thetuningschool.com/downl...p_wideband.wmv

Supporting documents here

http://www.thetuningschool.com/support/free-downloads/