Thread: SD Tuning VE and PE

SD Tuning VE and PE

Alright I am a noob and just need to understand the tuning process after VE is set... I have gotten my VE table to log +- 3% with the majority of cells reading 0-1 to 2. So I moved onto WOT tuning and this is where I need help.

I set my PE table to come in at 110kpa and have been doing some wide open throttle pulls. Should I still be using the data I am logging in VE AFR error to adjust VE and then adjust PE for desired? Or just use the PE AFR error at this point?

Reason I ask is because I have been copying and pasting(%half) all logged VE data even during the WOT runs. Based on what I am seeing I am adjusting the VE table when in actuality when I go WOT the PE table is in control which makes any adjustment in the WOT VE table cells futile right? This is leading me "raping" PE which I know is wrong.

My thought after typing this is once I am happy with VE I need to forget about it and just adjust the PE table...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    You are measuring the difference between actual afr and commanded regardless of being in PE or not. You want to adjust the VE table until your PE commanded matches the actual.
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Alright then i was over thinking it... Should I adjust the entire VE table or just 110kpa and above since that is when PE is kicking in?

Advanced Tuner
    Seeing as you are talking 110kpa that would mean you are running SD only then you want to adjust the entire VE table.

Tuner
    Why are you setting your MAP enable to 110 kpa?

Potential Tuner
    Yes why is your map enable at 110kpa?

Advanced Tuner
    I have assumed that he is boosted and running a 2 bar SD OS

Potential Tuner
    You think he is triggering pe and be at 110kpa?

Advanced Tuner
    So what is the correct way to launch PE when I have PD blower and 2 bar SD tune?

I think I'm losing a lot of fuel economy right now when I have PE kicking in well below zero pressure.

You can see from histogram page 8 how it richens up above 2800 rpm even with light throttle.

Tuner
    Raise your PE Enable MAP.

If I were you, I'd take advantage of the Boost Enrichment feature also.