Thread: Seeing kr in 3rd gear only.

Tuner

Seeing kr in 3rd gear only.

Hey all,

I put some ai ported heads on the GTO and have been working on the tune. I re-worked the maf and put some time in on the idle aswell. I actually got the thing to idle really well, way better and smoother than before the heads. AFR is pretty much rock solid where I want it.

The thing I've been battling is kr at random rpm's on wot tip-in and I can not seem to figure out why I am getting kr at 5200rpm in 3rd gear only. I have resorted to pasting in the stock gto low octane timing table to see if this crap would cease. If you look at the knock1 scan it didnt help my problem at all! knock2 scan is with a normal amount of wot timing. Look at both to compare. The first scan has some areas with me digging into the throttle some to make it show tip-in knock.

So, I found that I was hitting around 14.0:1 on tip-in. I fixed this alittle by working the maf some more. As of now I have a modified low octane table, besides my idle cells, with some custom work done to the wot cells it normally hits. Roughly 22 degrees. No real change between scans...still getting knock at the same points!

Can anyone take a look at the tune and these logs to give me any pointers?
    What are heads/cam ls2 guys GENERALLY for timing?

This is an open loop maf tune
    Last edited by redgto4u; 06-09-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    05 Torrid Red GTO- TSP 418, DuSpeed intake, ported fast 102mm, nw 102mm tb, TXGiant v2 112lsa, AI 243 heads, Kooks 1.875 LTs, Kooks 3" Street Screamer, UDP, KAAZ w/ 3.73's, gforce aluminum ds, M6 swap, RXT.