Thread: Truck won't go WOT on dyno :-/

Truck won't go WOT on dyno :-/

I have an 2007.5 6.0 Vortecmax truck, just got done doing a heads/cam package with the full AFM/DOD delete... Kooks longtube headers, and Circle D 3200 stall. The truck made 330 rwhp with CAI and Magnaflow cat back... today I put it on the dyno to tune the new setup, and i was only able to make 2 WOT runs. The rest of the attempts, I would put the throttle to the floor, and nothing would happen. I went back to the tune I had in it before any of this work, and made the neccessary changes for the idle, and what not... but still had the same problem.

I know it's got to be something simple I am overlooking. Here is the tune file, and the stock flash from the truck. Let me know if anybody sees anything interesting. The truck only made 373 with the converter unlocked :-/ I was really expecting 440-450 rwhp.

check high and low for any missing loose grounds
    NotoriouSS TAD
    DATLS7N 73' Datsun 620 LS7/HNC/TR6060/4.10/T2/2450lbs/603RWHP
    J5 - 96' Impala SS - 4700lb autocross machine
    Langston - 96' Caprice 9C1 Beater
    Rosie - 67' El Co - race truck w/ plates
    Wall-E - 21' Tesla Model 3P

Quote Originally Posted by ProTools4 View Post
    check high and low for any missing loose grounds
    WHHHATTTTTT!?!? I have to tell the tech he didn't do his job right!? Oh hell, we all know it's in the tune! Duh. lol

sound dumb: but r u sure ut traction / ABS is disabled .. before u floor it ..
    specialize in: V8 Conversion & Tuning (UAE- DUBAI)
    supercharge installation
    Salah clutches for Nissan, Toyota and GM car

Quote Originally Posted by 4evervette View Post
    sound dumb: but r u sure ut traction / ABS is disabled .. before u floor it ..
    Yeah, I had the abs fuse out.

I disconnect the front wheel speed sensors every time a gen4 truck is on the dyno
    NotoriouSS TAD
    DATLS7N 73' Datsun 620 LS7/HNC/TR6060/4.10/T2/2450lbs/603RWHP
    J5 - 96' Impala SS - 4700lb autocross machine
    Langston - 96' Caprice 9C1 Beater
    Rosie - 67' El Co - race truck w/ plates
    Wall-E - 21' Tesla Model 3P

Quote Originally Posted by ProTools4 View Post
    I disconnect the front wheel speed sensors every time a gen4 truck is on the dyno
    That doesn't solve my problem though. lol

you will need to install a tranny cooler due to the extra heat created by the higher stall converter

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Checked all the grounds, everything seems there, other than 1 or 2 coil pack bolts.

Return the Torque Management > General > Max Torque tables to stock. These are on the left side of the page.

Russ Kemp

I "think" I may have found the fix... I remember I had an issue similar to this on the last Vortecmax we cammed out. After comparing the files I see that I max'd out the commanded torque and cmd torque delta tables... I know it seems weird since they are limiter related, but that truck had the same issue, so I'm betting a dollar this fixes it. Will find out monday when I put it back on the dyno.

Those tables are still stock on your tune, don't touch them.

Also on the Acceleration Based > Accel Thresh table, zero the table but leave the 500 in the 1,000 cell (far right)

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Those tables are still stock on your tune, don't touch them.

Also on the Acceleration Based > Accel Thresh table, zero the table but leave the 500 in the 1,000 cell (far right)

Russ Kemp
    Tried that today, same problem... just driving around on the street normally, every once in awhile the throttle pedal has no response.

So no epiphany's yet on what this could be? lol... I can't even dyno the truck because the throttle won't do anything once I lock the converter.

Post your latest tune.

Russ Kemp

Post your latest tune.

Russ Kemp
    This is the latest tune and 3 log files showing it only going to 43-44% throttle and timing jumping all over the place, when I go WOT with the pedal. Without making any changes at all, just driving for another 5 minutes, the truck started acting normal again. It comes and goes.

And I had the exact same problem on another Vortecmax truck 3 months ago, except it was an 08 model. I compared the tunes and can't see or remember what I did that fixed it. Here's that one though.

Oh and I will add that I disabled traction control and stabilitrac during scan 3 possibly also scan 2.

Try disabling the DoD codes, also return the Traction Control tables to stock and just turn off the traction control with the button.

I would scan all the torque management pids.

Russ Kemp

Try disabling the DoD codes, also return the Traction Control tables to stock and just turn off the traction control with the button.

I would scan all the torque management pids.

Russ Kemp
    I "think" I fixed the problem. I re-enabled ETC Tip in limiting. I haven't put it back on the dyno yet, but I think that was the problem, because it seems to be acting the way it should now.