Thread: Issues on swap

Tuner in Training

Question Issues on swap

Engine is a lq4,2000 camaro pcm (original was an A4, not reflashed), muncie m20 gearbox, 33lbs injectors.

Problem is idle an neutral revs fine , but on load ( in gear) if do wot it dies, the only codes is evaporative system and transmission codes ,

Question is , if i get trans codes it enters on safe mode or similar ? Do i have to reflash pcm to an m6 tune?

Thanks

Yes ... flash a manual tune (M6). Would recommend upgrading to a 2002 Camaro OS while you are at it.

Tuner in Training
    does the 2000 pcm accept 02 OS? and a 98?

flash it to m6 will solve my bogging problem>?

Quote Originally Posted by torker View Post
    does the 2000 pcm accept 02 OS? and a 98?
    1997 and 1998 calibrations used a different PCM - can only be flashed with a 1997 or 1998 calibration / tune.

1999 and 2000 used the same PCM (last four digits of service number 4896). 2001 and 2002 used the same PCM (last four digits of service number 0411).

Generally 4896 and 0411 PCMs will accept the same calibrations.

flash it to m6 will solve my bogging problem>?
    Depends on what is causing your problem - but it will certainly eliminate many variables - given that use are using a manual transmission.

Tuner in Training
    hello im the owner of the car that he is talking about... its a 67 firebird with lq4 engine I already reflash the pcm with a 2002 TA m6 OS but it still has the same problem

here's a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM4Lx1SLC6I&feature=plcp

the only mods it has are true duals, cat and rear o2 sensors delete

as you can see and hear it idles kind of right but when load it , it starts to choke :S

already tried silverado 6.0 tunes, gto tunes and mixed everything... but it still fails as hell please help

Advanced Tuner
    need to post a log and the tune.

You have an electrical or mechanical problem, because no transmission codes can cause engine stalling.
    I have done several swaps, some of them with auto tunes and TH350/Manual and never had this kind of problems.
    You may have a bad ground or a loose power wire which loses contact under heavy acceleration.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the advices... i managed to fix it out.. the problem was bad fuel pressure... sometimes it was at 58psi sometimes at 20... ill just change the corvette fuel filter... thanks again