Thread: LSJ issues!

Exclamation LSJ issues!

So I just rebuilt my engine and finally got everything installed. Fired up on its second crank. Right away got 2 CEL, P0017 Crank Position - Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor B and P0300 Engine Misfire Detected.... Sounds like it the timing is off, but here's the catch. When the engine is revved just over 3k RPM then shift to the next gear the CEL will start flashing and give those 2 codes, but when the RPM drops below 3k RPM while still driving the CEL turns off. Also when stopping (like at a traffic light) the engine will hunt and then die, this only happens when RPM hits over 3k RPM when driving. After a restart if I drive and shift and maintain under 3k RPM then the car will not idle hunt nor die. Also sometimes it takes a second turn key to fire. Kind of stumped here, log posted as well.

2007 Cobalt SS/SC (just put back to 100% stock)

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

guess I should have done some research first, but I think the cam sensor might have been installed wrong. Gonna check it tomorrow

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

Advanced Tuner
    When timing Ecotec cams:
    Cylinder 1 and 4 should both be at TDC when the notch in the hex lines up with the line on the sensor housing. However, you need to make sure cylinder 1 has just completed the exhaust stroke and cylinder 4 has just completed the compression stroke. At that point, cylinder 1 exhaust valves have just closed and cylinder 1 intake valves are starting to open. If #4 exhaust valves have just closed, then you need to aim the notch 180 degrees off from the line in the housing.

got the cam cylinder fixed, the notch wasn't aligned right and now it's good to go!.. I still have a misfire issue though. I'm thinking maybe the plugs? or even a case relearn? Whats the process of doing a case relearn anyway?

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

Look under help on the scanner. Also did you put new plugs in car?

new plugs are in the car.. rechecked the gaps and where at .041 .043 .041 .044 .... I re-gapped them all at .035. Going to see how it runs now, sounds great sitting at idle right now. Will a case relearn even be necessary for me anyways? I had the engine down to bare block and rebuilt it.

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

Only if you get code for a relearn you would need it. Are you running 93?

I am running 93.. Just gapped the plugs down to 0.035 and did a case learn anyway. Runs great now and no more misfire. Will be going on a longer journey here in a few minutes and hopefully everything goes well.

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7