Thread: Injector table data for Racetronix 42# needed please

Tuner

Injector table data for Racetronix 42# needed please

I have spent the last 3 hours searching the web for this!!!

I just finished putting my engine back together and plan to put the new combo in the car tomorrow. I really want to set the injector tables correctly so it will start and not run pig rich. I saw all sorts of bad stuff on lack of data on racetronics injectors. I can't believe that nobody has the right info or I am just not looking in the right place.... Is Racetronix not providing the data? Since they are flow matched and they go into how they are flowed, I would assume it is readily available???

I plan to call Racetronix tomorrow and see what they will provide since I just purchased a matched set of them. Old combo was a cam only Lq9 with svo 30# and ported ls6 intake. New combo is bigger cam, TEA ported trickflow 225 heads and Racetronix 42# on a FAST 92 intake.

Here is my current file (named it as it is because I planed to modify the tables on this one and then flash the car with it.) Currently it is set up with the tune that was/is in the car from the old set up.

Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks.

Tuner
    i decided to try the info I found from this post:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17362

Could Eagle or EC Tune please respond if the Lucas 42 you reference are the same as what i am using?

Attached is the updated file. Didn't take too long to do, so I guess I could give it a try if all else fails and I can't get any solid info on tables here.

thanks!

Senior Tuner
    Racetronix does not make injectors, the are a reseller. Go find your receipt or injector and get a part #. Google it and see what you have. You will have better luck searching for the injector under the real name. Racetronix has some of the data on spec sheets at the bottom of the page for the injector, but not all of what you need to populate the tables. You need to research before you buy the injector to see if you can get data or be prepared to do the work back calculating it.

Tuner
    The data on mine says they are manufactured by SMP.

Searched under that and got nothing either......
    Thanks

Senior Tuner
    Part #?

Tuner
    I looked at the injectors this morning. I found the following numbers:

01D030B

I am assuming the last number is the part number?

the data from when I purchased them is:
    Static Flow Rate: 42.29 lb/hr @ 43.5PSI
    -Static Flow Rate: 48.83 lb/hr @ 58.0PSI
    -Dynamic Flow Rate: 9.96 gm/pulse - 2.5ms pulse width and 10ms repetition rate @ 43.5PSI
    -Coil Resistance: 15.9 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z (No ECM driver modifications required)

Item Code: 01D030x
    Weight: 91.00GM
    Brands: Racetronix_
    Manufacturers : Standard Motor Products
    Stock: No
    Model: 621031
    Categories: Fuel Injectors - High Impedance
    Manufacturer P/N: FJ-SM-12S
    Static Flow lb/hr (n-Heptane): 42.29
    Static Flow Tolerance +/-%: 4%
    Dynamic Flow (mg/pulse): 9.96
    Dynamic Flow Tolerance +/-%: 6%
    Coil Resistance Ohms: 15.9
    Coil Resistance Tolerance +/- Ohms: .35
    Spray Pattern: Tri-Cone
    Connector Type: Minitimer (Bosch EV1)
    O-ring Type: Viton
    E85 Compatible: Yes
    Methanol Compatible: Yes

Thanks

Tuner
    Is the info provided on the injectors enough to correctly populate the tables in HP tuners? Is there an excell file or something that I can imput the data and it will generate a copy and paste chart?
    thank you

This excel spreadsheet will get you close. I'm sure it won't be perfect, but it gave me a good starting point on Bosch 42# @ 3 bar greenies.

Plug in your values & pressure and use the results. Tune VE then MAF accordingly.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner
    Thanks for the info.
    On the brighter side..... I joined the Racetronix forum and was able to access the complete flow data for the injectors. Its not puplicly posted and you have to be a customer to be granted access to it. There are also specific rules about not reposting the data. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the data to populate the HP tuners tables.....

Tuner in Training
    This is a PM that ZL1Killa and I had on LS1Tech. I used his values and it has seemed to work for me better than anything before. I just copied and pasted from my inbox.

Re: 42# delphi

The other tables are not hard set limits, they are optional other tuning parameters.

For instance the short pulse limit along with min injector pulse width, I lowered to 1 ms ;the short pulse adder is at 0.3 however.

With the newer 42# injectors disc type, they are well within tolerance on 99% of cars out, so no other tables need to be changed except your IFR table as that is primarily the table that gives the computer the calculation for fueling.

Don't get too caught up in the tuning. Get your IFR table set, change your Short pulse limit to 0.5 or 0.75 and your min inj pulse width to 1ms, along with the short adder to 0.3 or even 0.5 and you will never have to worry.

With only the IFR change I will bet your fuel trims won't be much different than before the injector swap. then cut off PE enrich, and DFCO, and do your NON-WOT driving and get the VE dialed in. You still using the standard 1 bar map? no custom os?
    Then turn back on PE enrich and DFCO and get your WOT dialed in.

Tuner
    ok, thank you. i will mess with them and see what happens.

Tuner
    A couple other tuners have given me similar advice. I still have a good couple hours of work hooking up everything before I fire it up. I just got the motor back in the car the other day.

Tuner in Training
    did you have any luck with these injectors? im going through the same thing right now, thinking about throwing them out for green tops

I'd ditch them for the Bosch 42lb Green Pencil Injectors. They are good injectors...
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400