Thread: Trailblazer tune 4.2 need help

Advanced Tuner

Trailblazer tune 4.2 need help

I just bought pro and I am looking for a couple things to change on my wifes 05 4.2 trailblazer. I am very slowly trying to learn how to use this on my 99 k3500 7.4 truck but looking for some ideas and things to change on the trailblazer to try to gain some mpg. I looked in the repository section and there is not even any to look at to compare. I have read were people have gained 2-4 mpg increase with a custom tune were to start. I would really like to see what I can gain on this since she drives 100 miles a day with it.

Subscribing.

Last edited by ssdungeon; 08-20-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    2007 Trailblazer SS
    Pacesetter long tubes/magnaflow duals/electric water pump/electric fans/fast lxrt/ported tb/ 4" CAI/as hood/
    1999 CAMARO SS- LS2 1 7/8" LTs|BIGCAM|S2Heads|FTRA|UD Pulley|TRU DUALS|LCAs & LCARBs|panhard bar|BMR ADJ T-Arm|racetronix fuel pump|FAST102/102 Mcleod Adj MC|HINSON SHIFTER|S2 T56|4.56s|RAII|K&N|LID|Monster 4/electric water pump/micro edge/lnc2000/qa1s/nx plate/qa1 drag bar/12 bolt/4.11 gears/3.5 ds

Quote Originally Posted by badbowtie View Post
    I just bought pro and I am looking for a couple things to change on my wifes 05 4.2 trailblazer. I am very slowly trying to learn how to use this on my 99 k3500 7.4 truck but looking for some ideas and things to change on the trailblazer to try to gain some mpg. I looked in the repository section and there is not even any to look at to compare. I have read were people have gained 2-4 mpg increase with a custom tune were to start. I would really like to see what I can gain on this since she drives 100 miles a day with it.
    dont know if the trailblazer has the cam phasers but if you retard the cam phaser you can get a little bit out of that i have noticed that with my cobalt ss
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

smooth all tables seems to make most cars drive and respond better.............cam phasers...hot air intake....timing....lean it out a lil....

tune

Im not sure if I have the cam phaser or not yet. Ill have more tuning time this weekend. Should I retard it around 2 degrees? and just lean it out up to 3000 RPM?

I hardly get past 3200 even in town im usually maxing around 2200 rpm after 1st gear.

I may have 1st shift a little sooner im sure thats where most of my gas usage goes. "In THIS car that is..."

I scanned it today and found that at idle its around -3.5 and from idle to about 3000 its dead on... on a slow climb not WOT.

What tables would I smooth? From a quick look. (only a few days of having the truck) I see the MAP and IAT sensor only.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonylad View Post
    smooth all tables seems to make most cars drive and respond better.............cam phasers...hot air intake....timing....lean it out a lil....
    2007 Trailblazer SS
    Pacesetter long tubes/magnaflow duals/electric water pump/electric fans/fast lxrt/ported tb/ 4" CAI/as hood/
    1999 CAMARO SS- LS2 1 7/8" LTs|BIGCAM|S2Heads|FTRA|UD Pulley|TRU DUALS|LCAs & LCARBs|panhard bar|BMR ADJ T-Arm|racetronix fuel pump|FAST102/102 Mcleod Adj MC|HINSON SHIFTER|S2 T56|4.56s|RAII|K&N|LID|Monster 4/electric water pump/micro edge/lnc2000/qa1s/nx plate/qa1 drag bar/12 bolt/4.11 gears/3.5 ds