Thread: Siemens Deka Calibration Data

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar

Siemens Deka Calibration Data

has anyone ever looked at the siemensdeka.com site and refered to the calibration specs for the siemens injectors?
    example of the calibration data im looking at is found here....http://siemensdeka.com/specsheets/FI114961cs.jpg

i see there is offset information in there but i cant figure out how to modify it to work for the lsj offset x volt x map charts.

i want to know how to properly make those charts from scratch to match a pair of injectors. ohnestly yes im a bit crazy but i have alot of free time and im ready to waste a bunch of it trying to learn how to do this step since alot of the a.m. ecu's have similar tables as well.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 06-04-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

well if i get a set of injectors from injector dynamics they have all the tables ready to go on the site. that is cool and all but i dont know how they got there.

somebody here has to know

... Or you could do it the easy way and use my injector spreadsheet which is already done.
    And yes, the 60lb/hr chart is for the Siemens injectors.... that's where the raw data originally came from.
    Tyler

i knew your brains would have something to say...8)
    i already have your awesome chart but say i want different injectors......
    im trying to figure out how you got the new chart from the siemensdeka info so i can make my own chart to match whatever i have purchased.

Unfortunately, it's a bit much to explain in a single post, as it involved getting in to the detailed design of an injector, and how it reacts to voltage, rail pressure and manifold pressure.
    While the numbers are there for the taking, it's a matter of knowing how to apply them.

Did you happen to read my injector breakdown on shortbuSS from back in the day? I did a quick intro to injector properties, which is a good start.
    If you can get a hold of them; Greg Banish and Paul Yaw are two good guys to brain pick.

Back when Shawn and I made the injector data sheet, most people didn't care to learn, and just wanted to be spoon fed data. Now that I know there is some interest in to actually learning the details of injector design, I may try to put together a few posts to explain how to transfer the Ford / Siemens data in to something we can use.
    I'll try to keep up with this thread, and help the guys that want to learn, when I get the chance.
    Tyler

Ive always wanted to learn how to scale all the injector tables corrctly for any size injector. Im all ears!
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

usable low cycle, low cycle knee( or absolute min pulse in ms), main linear, dead times, coil magnetism times, injector opening vs ifp ?

i know what those are.

useable low cycle being the are that is unlinear before the injector can no longer fully open in the controlled pulse width range.
    ive been all over ID website and asked banish a few questions but im at the point now where if he explains further i will have to pay for it. i wouldnt mind paying for banish's advanced dyno and calibration course but unfortunately this location is not where i am able to get it done.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 06-05-2012 at 01:49 PM.

I'm definitely all ears as well! I too (as well as many others I'm sure) have had to refer to the spread sheet as well, but due to it being specific to the lsj tables it doesn't always work out perfectly for engine's like the le5 and l61 (it works well enough though for the most part). I'd really really love to know the ins and outs of how to correctly set up the tables from scratch.

it works just fine ifor le5 if you know how to use the program. some of the cells in the axis are a match therefore you use those values and all the other values that you couldnt post will have to get a interpolated value so from one known column of values to the next highlighting all inbetween unknows you can choose interpolate feature from left to right(interpolate horizontal). and your chart is pretty darn close. thats why the spread sheet is a great tool.