Thread: ramifications of park/drive

Tuner

ramifications of park/drive

any experts out there who know what problems i may have from not selecting between the two?

to detail i have a power glide with no feed back to the ECU, i could possibly hook this up through my shifter but it would be very difficult with my setup

without telling the ecu what state the gearbox is in will this effect my tune in terms of idle, power application etc
    stock 99' LS1 + powerglide
    gt42 a/r 1.06
    #80lb siemens @ 43.5psi rail pressure on E85
    return fuel system runing 1:1 FPR
    aeromotive A-1000 pump
    2 bar SD tune

Senior Tuner
    You can get away without a park neutral switch, but you should have a speed signal generator. Without a generator the computer will not switch from idle tables to moving tables. Dakota digital makes a cheap one that will run off the speedo cable. Do a search on here in trans section or summit racing.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    You can get away without a park neutral switch, but you should have a speed signal generator. Without a generator the computer will not switch from idle tables to moving tables. Dakota digital makes a cheap one that will run off the speedo cable. Do a search on here in trans section or summit racing.
    i'll have to check the gearbox for a provision for a speedo as i haven't noticed one before, might have been blanked with a welsh plug

assuming i can use a speedo, any idea what would be the best option as i have an autometer speedo

would it be feed from the glide to the ECU then use the ECU speedo out to the gauge (assuming my gen 3 pcm has a speedo out wire)
    gt42 a/r 1.06
    aeromotive A-1000 pump
    2 bar SD tune

Tuner
    little update for those interested

stripped the extension housing off the glide, i got the glide from the states seems you guys like to remove the speedo drive gears for no apparent reason

so after digging around it seems i can replace this gear with a muncie 8t gear from here

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/sp...n_______va.htm

i'll need to source a speed drive and a bullet housing, then i can order the dakota digital sen 1-01 digital adapter

that signal will feed into the ecu then the ecu spits out a signal to my autometer gauge

hope this can help someone else in my situation
    gt42 a/r 1.06
    aeromotive A-1000 pump
    2 bar SD tune

Advanced Tuner
    Shouldn't you be able to hot-wire the PNP wires somehow to make the computer think its always in drive if you have no wish / need for either the PNP switch or a speedo? I have a TH400 in an off-road only rig.

Oh, and what tables are you referring to that it would switch from / to?
    Last edited by patooyee; 06-16-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by patooyee View Post
    Shouldn't you be able to hot-wire the PNP wires somehow to make the computer think its always in drive if you have no wish / need for either the PNP switch or a speedo? I have a TH400 in an off-road only rig.

Oh, and what tables are you referring to that it would switch from / to?
    i'd also like clarification on this as far as im away i only have a primary VE table
    gt42 a/r 1.06
    aeromotive A-1000 pump
    2 bar SD tune

Advanced Tuner
    I can not find these idle / moving tables you are talking about in my computer. Can you please explain what tables you're talking about? Spark? Fuel?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by keke007 View Post
    Yeah You can get away without a park neutral switch, but you should have a speed signal generator. Without a generator the computer will not switch from idle tables to moving tables. Dakota digital makes a cheap one that will run off the speedo cable.
    what are these 'idle' and 'moving' tables i can't find any reference to them
    gt42 a/r 1.06
    aeromotive A-1000 pump
    2 bar SD tune

Advanced Tuner
    You can get away without a park neutral switch, but you should have a speed signal generator. Without a generator the computer will not switch from idle tables to moving tables. Dakota digital makes a cheap one that will run off the speedo cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by keke007 View Post
    Yeah You can get away without a park neutral switch, but you should have a speed signal generator. Without a generator the computer will not switch from idle tables to moving tables. Dakota digital makes a cheap one that will run off the speedo cable.
    Methinks keke is a cut and paste troll.