Thread: Starter delay on C6?

Starter delay on C6?

Is there a way to delay the starter for a couple seconds to let the fuel system prime? I have a car with a return style fuel system having some cranking issues because it takes a couple seconds for fuel pressure to come up. He said he read somewhere online that you can do it, but I didn't see anything in the system settings that would allow you to adjust that.

i havent faced a problem like that YET

but i always fix the fuel from Cranking fuel
    by looking at c6 07
    Fuel- Transient
    enable delay ,, that might help u
    give us feed back

i am not sure if this is the table that you are looking for but u can try it

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
    Is there a way to delay the starter for a couple seconds to let the fuel system prime? I have a car with a return style fuel system having some cranking issues because it takes a couple seconds for fuel pressure to come up. He said he read somewhere online that you can do it, but I didn't see anything in the system settings that would allow you to adjust that.
    Just increase your prime time from factory 2 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that and bumped it to 4. Haven't got to put it in the car yet. Just wanted to see if there was anything else. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    So I tried setting that to 5, and still have the same problem. As soon as I hit the switch the starter starts cranking. And it doesn't fire off until the fuel pressure gauge reads 50+ psi. So I'm at my white end... this is the only problem wiyh the entire car. After the car sits for more than 5 minutes it has a 2-3 second delay before it fires off... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Senior Tuner
    Does the Fuel Pump Prime when turn Key On/
    If so how long?

You may have a mechanical issue if the fuel pressure drops right off after 5 minutes and takes a while to prime back up.

Post your file.

Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    Does the Fuel Pump Prime when turn Key On/
    If so how long?

You may have a mechanical issue if the fuel pressure drops right off after 5 minutes and takes a while to prime back up.

Post your file.
    Yeah actually I talked to Andy at A&A and he said it sounds like the check valve on their aux fuel pump might be leaking. The customer complained about a fuel vapor smell in that general area, so that would make the most sense. I'm looking into that today.

I was gonna ask if there's a check valve. My Eliminator system fires right up with no prime required.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Well I put a manual gauge on it and it's holding at 55 fairly indefinitely. So I have to assume it's the tune. More than likely the fact that I couldn't find injector data on the FIC 85lb injectors :-/

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I was gonna ask if there's a check valve. My Eliminator system fires right up with no prime required.
    x2 even after it has bled down most of the way, 3 days, it still fires up first crank

-Carl

Well low and behold, we just found a crack in the check valve. Gonna throw a new one on there and see what happens. But I would still give my left nut for FIC 85 injector data.

Quote Originally Posted by FastEddy
    But I would still give my left nut for FIC 85 injector data.
    Good luck finding something that doesn't exist.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Good luck finding something that doesn't exist.
    yeah that's the memo I've been getting from everybody lol... If you turn off closed loop, anything under part throttle is right at about 13.5:1... so the fuel trims are perfect. I just feel like if the crack in the check valve doesn't fix the problem, it has something to do with the injector calibration.