Thread: 99 k3500 454

Advanced Tuner

99 k3500 454

I have been reading thru all this stuff for several weeks and just fine bit the bullet and bought the hp pro and I hooked it up to the 99 k3500 7.4 truck and pulled the tune. I know I would like to maybe change torque convertor lockup and aux fan temp and power enrichment stuff. And try to get better than 9-10 mpg out of this pig here is the factory tune if any of you guys would take a look and give me some ideas were to start. There is none in done section to check for some ideas. I sure wished there were some to compare to. Pretty much a stock truck with 4.56 gears and has the bosch 4 injectors 19lb. Were to start and want to make sure someone can see this tune. Okay I just typed all this and am not sure how to attach the file.

Advanced Tuner
    Okay I figured it out here is my tune please look and make sure I did read it right. So I have a factory tune before I change anything. Tomorrow when I tow my camper back home I am going to try to data log so I have a file to look at.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is 3 logs I just did please give me some advice from what you guys are seeing.

Advanced Tuner
    I was looking thru the tables getting ready to start making some changes and I noticed the injector screen say 22.2lb and the injectors I replaced them with were the Bosch 3 19lb injectors rated at 43.5 psi so I have no idea what is up with that I would say that would make the truck running lean.

badbowtie, i am about to start tuning on a 99 7.4, 454. have you got a good tune nailed down yet?

Advanced Tuner
    No really just playing around with small things been really been spending all my time tunning on my 55 chevy with a ls1 in it getting it running good and shifting were I want it. Did you wnd up getting a tune figured out and what kind of improvements did you end up with.

Advanced Tuner
    I would really like some more Ideas on were and what to change to get some improvements out of this. I pulled my 36' trailer with two cars a couple weeks ago. I stopped at the scale house and truck and trailer loaded was 20,000 pounds. I got 7.5 mpg both ways I have a another load I have to pull in a month that puts me closer to 25,000 that I only got 6.5mpg last year and would like to get some more this year. I would really like to compare my tune to some of the ones that are working for the 7.4 l29 trucks.

L29 tune with 4l80e

Dont know if u found any tunes to compare, but here's the one ive been running for the last 6 or 7 months. A guy Jeff tuned the ecm when i bought everything to do the 411 swap from him,on my 97k2500.
    Only issue i had him put my stock vin in it, so i get the invalid vin/os combination. Soon as i get it figured out ill post it in the repository.