Thread: 2010 Camaro LS3 vs. 2012 Vette LS3 Tables

2010 Camaro LS3 vs. 2012 Vette LS3 Tables

I own a 2010 Camaro LS3 Manual, and have a 2012 LS3 Vette Auto for the weekend.

I compared the 2012 Vette LS3 tune to the 2010 Camaro LS3 and found a few expected differences however it looks like the two main areas that I would expect to be the same, are different (Main spark table, and knock sensor threshold multipliers):

1) On the 2012 LS3 Vette they lowered some values in the knock sensor threshold in a few moderate rpm/load area's on cyl 1-7, #8 is the same as the 2010 Camaro LS3, this would make the Vette pull timing sooner than the 2010 Camaro LS3? (or would it be less sensitive?)

2) Main Spark timing in the 1000-6000rpm, 0.2-0.4 g/sec are quite a bit higher on the 2012 Vette tune than the 2010 Camaro tune. WOT at the higher RPM's seems to be the same.

Pic attached. Do you think these changes would be good for a camaro? At minimum, wouldn't you expect the knock sensor values to be "updated" and a better choice?

BTW.. I have access to few other PRODUTION 2012 GM V8 tunes.. I'll start uploading them.. BTW... The VETTE is the only car I've read that DOES NOT throw a fit when reading entire tune. NOT. ONE. PROBLEM. The 2012 Escalade, 2010 Camaro both mess up BAD and either have to clear codes to get thing to RUN AGAIN, or have to put up with random SES lights, COMPASS errors, or other HIGH COLLANT TEMP AC ERROR... or none of the promised features work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The VETTE LS3 you cant even tell it's been read/scanned.. so there you go. There is a difference between PLATFORMS.

Pic attached:
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-03-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Senior Tuner
    can you upload the vette tune?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Yes, I just uploaded it. 2012 Corvette LS3 Auto Trans, 100yr anniv. edition, convertable. It has the dual mode exhaust, however it's always open, and LOUD all the time FROM FACTORY! Im thinking its a 100yr anniv. thing.

THE CAR HAULS ASS compared to my LS3 manual 2010 Camaro at +600lbs.

Depressed at the difference. Seriously.

I will finally admit.. the GM auto trans in the vette is absolutely amazing. It's adaptive shifting is bad stuff. Traveling 50mph and slam the throttle 3 times quick to the floor... the 4th time and it actually keeps the trans in 4th gear for about 2 minutes!!

Where are these types of reviews??????????
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-03-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Can't see the auto 100yr anniv. file yet on the repository - would love to see it, as well as the manual version.

The repository said something about needing approval, so attaching it here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you ... always find the changes fascinating.

Well the lighter Vette can take more spark due to less load and quicker acceleration. The knock sensors are most likely calibrated differently do to auto vs. manual and filtering out chassis noises...
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Advanced Tuner
    Agree with Redline. Also, you might want to compare the 2010 Camaro to the 2012 Camaro spark knock - they made a few changes to filter out chassis noise in CYL2 and CYL4, as well as in Transient mode ...

... the High Octane and Low Octane tables are identical tho.

I'd copy these changes from the 2012 Camaro to any 2010 Camaro.

I saw the changes to CYL 2 and 4, however it looks like they went crazy and adjusted a flat 15 (from ~4) for lower RPM (1000-2000rpm) for CYL 4, I had it in there for awhile then looked at some logs and saw some knock detected but no retard pulled, probably due to change from ~4 to 15, so I went back to stock 2010.

The vette tune has what look like "real" numbers. Until I see another camaro 2012 LS3 tune with the flat 15 across the board for those cells I wont trust it however changes to Cyl 2 look real to me.

Maybe the vette tune has a bit more timing due to the open exhaust? I forgot to mention this tune as the dual mode exhaust always open, unlike the normal dual mode exhaust where it opens under load. This is open at idle, cruise, always.

I also noticed the fan temps are different than Camaro.

2010 Camaro LS3 has fans on at 192F-210F @ 24%

The 2012 Vette has fans at 0% (off) at 192-196F, and starts slow (15%) at 199 and quickly goes up from there.

Not sure if it's the same as an older thread, but 24% at 192F means fans on all the time? Or did this change so now fans are on starting at 192F.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-15-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Two additional "efficiency/power" differences are in the Fuel Enrichment tables... keep in mind the Vette is made to beat on, the Camaro is obviously not since half of the time I do I get nasty wheel hop...
    I did try to drive the Camaro like the Vette.. and it was a fail. In the Camaro I can feel subframe/carrier moving around during power shifting, and during standing clutch dumps there was nasty wheel hop in the maro, but there are reasons the power doesnt feel as crisp and quick as the vette (other than the double isolated rear end housing):

1:
    In the Fuel/Power Enrich/Enrichment Rate:
    Vette = 1.0
    Camaro = 0.02

The smaller this value, the slower the PCM will reach the PE ratio (and therefore max power)

2:
    Vette = 19% TPS to enter PE
    Camaro = 30% to enter PE.

Some people might be wondering what I mean by "isnt as quick, and instant" as the vette.. any time I've run WOT in slightly lean mode on any of my cars, they run softer/weaker than they do when they hit "PE" mode.. sometimes you can actually feel it in the TPS when your pushing it all the sudden you feel a slight burst of power.. this is PE mode! It really does help make power in most situations since they run right around 14.7 off of PE which isnt great for power, but running richer gums up your motor if you run it too much.

The reason I noticed "PE Mode" usually helping power is because this is usually the only setting that jumps from a leaner ratio to a richer ratio, rather than blending, which you will not notice.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-15-2012 at 10:43 PM.