Thread: just ordered pro

Advanced Tuner

just ordered pro

I just ordered hp tuners pro should have it tomorrow to start looking at it. I am going to plan to tune a 99 k3500 7.4 and a 55 belair with a 05 4.8 in and a 05 trailblazer 4.2 with some day. I would love to watch how to videos and read all I can on what the heck I am doing. The only tuning I have ever done is with a holley comander 950. So this will be a big learning curve for me, I am not sure if there is any does or don't I should be aware of. Also for a beginner were and what should I start reading.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Welcome, the getting started section sticky is a great starting point
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I have read thru that and watched a couple of the demo videos. Allot of good info there. Is there more videos that I can watch than what is in the help section for more tips.

Advanced Tuner
    I have only made a couple small changes but I was trying to do a couple logs and when I hit record on the interface box the busy light flashes then goes out and the record light never comes on. When I open scanner and try to pull of the box there is nothing there. Not sure what I am missing.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by badbowtie View Post
    I have only made a couple small changes but I was trying to do a couple logs and when I hit record on the interface box the busy light flashes then goes out and the record light never comes on. When I open scanner and try to pull of the box there is nothing there. Not sure what I am missing.
    Are you connected with your Laptop when trying to log?
    I think the newer Units currently have an issue with Standalone Datalogging.

Advanced Tuner
    I can data log when I am hooked to laptop but it will not let me do stand alone recording which was another reason I bought the pro.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by badbowtie View Post
    I can data log when I am hooked to laptop but it will not let me do stand alone recording which was another reason I bought the pro.
    Congrats. you just threw away $150 bucks....like all the rest of us
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am - 1000+ rwhp street car

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver2002ta View Post
    Congrats. you just threw away $150 bucks....like all the rest of us
    BS, Most of us can still log standalone, just not aux with the IEO
    Though Wideband etc can still be logged via the EGR or Ac in standalone.

The very newest devices the Standalone logging is not working at all but it is being fixed.

Advanced Tuner
    Well thanks for that info. It is just my luck that it does not work.

Potential Tuner
    So there are more than 1 having an issue with stand alone data logging. My Err light stays on solid so its not just your luck its mine as well. So is HP going to do something I could put that money elswhere.