Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OBD2 Readiness, P0420

Tuner in Training

OBD2 Readiness, P0420

Okay, so I have a high flow cat, which has no angled bung, and it throws P0420. No problem, disable right? Well, 2 years later, it is time for emissions, and since I have it disabled, apparently that means the OBD2 test will never complete, from what I gather.

I think this is also preventing the cat status from going ready too, and I am only allowed 1 monitor to be in the not ready state. My evap is also currently not ready, which is likely my own fault since I disconnected the battery to check on a wheel sensor issue.

So, what are other people doing to deal with this? I just need to know if I need to throw my stock DP on, and go with a stock tune. What a PITA if that is the case, but I'll do that if I need to. There doesn't seem to be the option for "No error reported" like in other ECUs.

Senior Tuner
    Post tune file

Tuner in Training
    Attached

Senior Tuner
    I have seen a couple of these files before but have not dealt with them.
    I would try different settings to see if there is one like the older 3 - do not report

Advanced Tuner
    PM sent.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, I'm used to everyone talking LNF on this forum. I forget there are other engine types on this subforum.

Tuner in Training
    Gonna another local LNF that I tuned to see what his readiness states are. If his set, I'll just keep trying to do the damn readiness procedure.

im running a catless dp on my sky rl with no codes disabled and no codes thrown. o2 extender FTW!
    2008 Sky RL

Advanced Tuner
    I didnt think the P0420 diabled would throw a code. A LSJ I have tuned, along with mine, has gone through emissions with no problems.

Tuner in Training
    I checked another car I tuned around here, and it does go ready eventually, so I guess it's back to driving. Thanks folks.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if u disable a code to dnr your emissions will never completely finish.
    i have a dnr rear o2 for my catless dp and everytime i check the readiness the catalyst will never complete but everything else will.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    It's set to disable, option 0. It set O2 readiness on the car I tuned, despite the fact that I disabled it, which surprised me, but also made me quite happy. Saves me from having to swap the stock DP in.

Yea thats awesome its gonna pass emissions. Must not be in ca that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Wangspeed View Post
    It's set to disable, option 0. It set O2 readiness on the car I tuned, despite the fact that I disabled it, which surprised me, but also made me quite happy. Saves me from having to swap the stock DP in.
    That's what my '08 did also, but I had to pass a visual as well so the stock DP went on for a week every two years.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    That's what my '08 did also, but I had to pass a visual as well so the stock DP went on for a week every two years.
    So as long as there is no visual inspection,
    Let say you removed all emissions like rear o2 evap etc etc
    Setting Dtc to 0 will have the rediness test report that it ran and passed?

no it reports that that system is not installed which will raise a flag in the federal computers therfore you fail.
    most smog shops following the new 50 state have to verify catalyst installation with a visual inspection so again most people fail there too as im sure iambroke avoided with the factory swap every 2 years. iirc from the ca smog license info board that externders are not allowed either so if the guy knows what hes doing anyone with a fake look a like cat will fail at the sight of a rear o2 extender, but its been almost a year since ive researched that with the smog boards. could have changed by now stupid cali and their retarded smog and taxes

Senior Tuner
    On the other OS if you set to IIRC 3 do not report, then scanned with Tech2 and looked at IM readiness test, they would report as Ran and Passed.

So with these OS' there is no such setting?

(it seems there way more settings for this OS like 21 etc)

Tuner in Training
    I dunno why some of you guys don't believe me. I'll post a SS after it sets. Pick option 0 - Disable. It set every OBD2 readiness monitor to Ready state.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangspeed View Post
    I dunno why some of you guys don't believe me. I'll post a SS after it sets. Pick option 0 - Disable. It set every OBD2 readiness monitor to Ready state.
    That's what mine did Wang, if I still had it I'd post it also. Maybe it was an early '08 thing. I had one of the XX vin lot (early production test run).
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

good guess but i got 1st ss in socal for 08 and the first three months were the test run vins so i dont we are that special lol
    i tell you what though i havent had a reflash for about three weeks now so ill scan it today and post it.