Thread: Need help with kr and data logging

Unhappy Need help with kr and data logging

I'm not excactly sure what i'm suppose to watch for but i need someone to look over my log and tell me what you guys think any help would be great thanks

I should add this to it's the gms1 kit with a k&n sri on it before i got it tuned i did'nt tune it was done on a dyno when tuned.

I can definitely see the knock but you should really have a few more pids added to your scanner tables to give us and yourself a little more info to find out what's going on. So far it looks like your getting a decent amount of kr at part throttle accel and decel but I can really give you an exact reason as to why. Your trims are a bit funky here and there, but they don't look to awfull in the areas your are getting the kr.

Are you on just the gms1 at the moment or are you tuning over the top of the gms1 by yourself?

Just to help you out a little, I attached a pretty basic config file. Try making some logs with the config with varying loads, speeds, and driving conditions. Also try to get a solid WOT 3rd gear pull from 3000-6200rpm or so without letting off the throttle.

Let us know how you make out..

K i thought so to be honest i don't know much at all about this i just figured out how to even do the play back and read some stuff with the scanner. The test final 5 is a tune on top of the gms1 k&nsri hot side charge pipe with forged bov made 300hp 370tq that's what i'm running now i have a few months on running it like this til i seen the kr due to i did'nt know how to scan, I had it tuned by a tuner on a dyno i did'nt do it myself not sure how to as of yet but he is a good tuner he has done a shit load of lnf's

The second file 2008 cobalt K&n is just the gms1 with a k&n intake!

I have no ideal how to do a pid but i will try and figure it out basicly though i get knock with gms1 and with the tune likes to threw random misfire mostly on cold starts once in awhile and always a manifold pressure code lingering but has only put the engine light on once for that. regardless i have knock with gm tune or with the other tune why i don't know i only put about 10 000 km on a year can there be false knock? It runs good and puts down good times at the track and good numbers on the dyno will it blow up if i keep running like this?
    Last edited by Domesticboost; 05-14-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Gmstg kit knocks with all factory parts
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

K Thanks for the replys my tuner is gonna clean it up when i put a downpipe on it in months time.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    A do might get rid of some of that too
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Smile

Yeah so i'm a idiot as i said i did'nt know much about scanning ect. My tuner said to me did i let the car warm up before the scan well i did'nt lol so i did multiple scans different loads highway staying out of boost and wot pulls all with no knock and of course a warmed up car downpipe is sitting on my floor so can't wait to get it on.