Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: car ran like crap at the track config/tune

Quote Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
    Those 2 tunes are not set up to run purely on the VE table. I'd suggest using the one I posted, use your fuel trims to rough in the idle areas, and then use your wideband to finish it off.

Also, stay out of WOT if you're using fuel trims. They're not doing anything for you there and you don't know if you're running lean or not.
    I am using your tune at the moment as this morning I realized the sd tune was not setup properly. If I keep working on yours and swith to a sd tune do you think it will be close? or should I just start working on a sd tune only since it will be getting the turbo next week?

Tuner
    The tune I posted in post 56 was setup to run in Speed Density with fuel trims on.

The tune I posted in post 56 was setup to run in Speed Density with fuel trims on.
    Ok so can I convert that to a speed density tune? I feel like a dick because you helped out so much with the maf tune and I needed a sd tune the whole time. I got some dyno time today and hopefully I can un FU#@ myself so I can get somewhere while I have the time.

Tuner
    It is a speed density tune.

It is a speed density tune.
    It is the sd enhanced with rtt? I didnt bring my stuff to work today because I didn't drive the car.

Tuner
    No. It's not a 2 bar tune. It's still a 1 bar. I forgot you were going to put a turbo on the car. My apologies.

Yes you can convert the tune I posted to a 2 bar tune. You do not want the 1 bar speed density enhanced OS you selected in your SD tune.

No. It's not a 2 bar tune. It's still a 1 bar. I forgot you were going to put a turbo on the car. My apologies.

Yes you can convert the tune I posted to a 2 bar tune. You do not want the 1 bar speed density enhanced OS you selected in your SD tune.
    Ok so I need to go buy a 2 bar map? I have a zr1 map sensor but I dont think my pcm can use it and I still have the 1 bar installed.

Tuner
    Yes, you'll need a 2 bar MAP sensor.

ok so check out what this guy did today "tuning the car" it made 2 less hp than with my old crappy tune I originally posted. It made 364hp and 392 tq on this tune and 366hp and 391 tq with my original tune and he still charged me $500. I ended up reflashing the tune we had been working on so the car would drive correctly. Have fun with this
    Attachment 34473

Attachment 34474

Tuner
    Don't go there again. That jackass just took the file I built for you, f@#$ed it up, and charged you money.

Do not use that tune.

Don't go there again. That jackass just took the file I built for you, f@#$ed it up, and charged you money.

Do not use that tune.
    Yeah I took it out half way home it was so bad. I am going back monday to try and get some money back. My shit tune made more power and he still charged me I was like really dude you are going to charge me full price for nothing. Then when I got home and looked at the tune I almost had a heart attack.
    Here is the graph he did some shit to make it read higher than it was and this was a mustang dyno.
    Attachment 34477

Ok so working on this sd tune still here is the last log and tune.

Attachment 34523

Attachment 34524

Tune and log I am hand smoothing the ve table still.
    Attachment 34530

Attachment 34531