Thread: HELP!!! G8 says contact dealer after battery disconnected 3 weeks

Tuner in Training

HELP!!! G8 says contact dealer after battery disconnected 3 weeks

I just got done with a torque converter install. The car says contact dealer and it wont read from the ecm says cant conect to the vcm. Won't start. I tried reflashing my tune and it asks me to purchase the license. I already have. Do you know what happened? Battery was disconnected a month.

Tuner in Training
    My 06 GTO did the same thing except for the asking me to purchase a license part. It happened after a successful tune. It said contact dealer, wouldn't start, and hptuners editor couldn't locate VCM. Check engine light stated on even when the ignition was off. I accidentally fixed it by removing and reinstalling the BCM 20 amp fuse under the hood. After that everything behaved as normal as if nothing ever happened... Multiple successful tunes uploaded since then. I believe I triggered the security system as if someone were trying to steal the car, and then reset it by removing the fuse. Beware, however, the hptuners help section advises against removing fuses and relays when problems are encountered such as yours.
    CURRENT SETUP: 2001 M6 WS6 228/236 112+3 XER lobes, P1SC/Aster/8lbs, Weiand intake, Long tubes, SD 60 lb inj, Lonnie's dual fuel pumps, HPtuners Pro---No #'s

OLD SETUP: 2006 M6 GTO 236/238 113+3, FAST 102, TEA TFS 225s, Kooks, Wretched H-Pipe, Flowmaster Super 40s---484 rwhp/439 rwtq

Tuner
    Did you hook up the battery and wait awhile before trying all that? The ECM might need to be rejuvenated with a charge. I would suggest to leave it all hooked up, make sure battery has good charge or put a charger on it and let it sit for awhile.

Charge your battery for 10 min and try to read VCM when you charge the battery
    if you have any error
    disconnect the battery and re-install it in the same time ,, and have a look

this usally happpens with me with Silverado

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Tuner in Training
    It was the communication bus I knocked a connector out on the high speed bus causing an intermittent connection.