Thread: Desperate for beta!

Tuner in Training

Unhappy Desperate for beta!

is there any possible way to get the beta without waiting for support? and does anyone know when support is available like their hours? I can't run my car without this tune and the tune was made from the beta.. so I'm unable to open it through the latest version of hptuners. I emailed support twice friday and saturday. I don't know their regular hours so sorry if you guys weren't working. Ive been car-less for 2 days now so I'm just impatiently waiting for someone to reply! lol

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't have any beta requests from friday that went unanswered and I take the weekends off and with monday being a federal holiday we have off as well. I'll catch up on any outstanding emails come tuesday morning.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Okay thankyou very much! And I sent an email friday night which probably was really early saturday morning around this time.

Beta updates

I just don't understand why the Beta and updates aren't made available on the HPtuner's website for registered users. If I can still download version 2.22, I should have access to the Beta files. Every other piece of software I have ever used and needed updates for was obtained this way. I also have to believe it woud be far more customer friendly and much easier than answering individual requests. Making it readily available 24/7 allows greater flexibility for tuners especially when it might be needed after hours when many are burning the midnight oil.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We keep the beta software in as closely controlled environment as possible. While its not a perfect system its as good as it will get until after 2.24 is released.

you should keep the install file for the beta on your computer. i hafta switch back and forth constantly, its annoying. lots of stuff on beta that i need. but it runs like a beta. so i switch back to old and faithful.
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

I tried the Beta when it first came out. I had problems with the tune for my LS1 and got tired of trying to figure out if it was the software or the car. Too many variables to deal with while troubleshooting issues so I went back to ver 2.22. I figured the release of 2.24 wasn't too far behind.

I do hope that if and when it is ready for release, they follow typical software protocal and ensure it is backwards compatible. I know myself and others do not want to lose all those previous scans and tunes. It would be a real PITA to have to unload and reload software in order to view/use files.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2.24 will be able to read any scan or tune created with 2.22