Thread: A6 issues on A&A charged 2011 Grand Sport

A6 issues on A&A charged 2011 Grand Sport

Would like some assistance on this one. Motor runs like a top, but the transmission is being a real PITA. I've had to lower all the shift RPM and MPH values in order to get the thing to stay off the rev limiter. Right now commanding it to shift at 6000 from first to 2nd is yielding a shift at about 6800 give or take. Traction is an issue that I think is playing a roll as well. I've also had to jack up the shift pressures to keep it from slipping. It's almost dead nuts, but I'm just not satisfied. I feel like it could be better. So I wanted to see if anyone else could take a look and see what they suggest.

Thanks!

BTW. Car has the following mods...

Kooks 1 7/8x2x3" headers will 3" x pipe and ZO6 exhaust
    232/246 on a 114 LSA
    A&A S/C kit w/ V2 T Trim upgrade making 9 lbs of boost
    A&A return style fuel system
    FAST 85lb injectors
    Devils own meth injection
    Circle D 3200 stall
    ZO6 3.42 rear end

If your MAF and VE are not spot on....you will have trans issues....it's all Torq based and that Torq reading comes from the engine controller.

The other issue is that there are tables that set the high limit of of what the ECM thinks is the highest torque the engine can produce. It's obvious that with a boosted application that you have exceeded those values.

Now the trans is trying to provide shift pressures and shift times based upon a BS torque reading. It's all about garbage in garbage out.

For years we have been turning every knob we can to work around this and we get by....the reality is we just compounding the problem and sooner or later the trans will fail.

Howard
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS View Post
    If your MAF and VE are not spot on....you will have trans issues....it's all Torq based and that Torq reading comes from the engine controller.

The other issue is that there are tables that set the high limit of of what the ECM thinks is the highest torque the engine can produce. It's obvious that with a boosted application that you have exceeded those values.

Now the trans is trying to provide shift pressures and shift times based upon a BS torque reading. It's all about garbage in garbage out.

For years we have been turning every knob we can to work around this and we get by....the reality is we just compounding the problem and sooner or later the trans will fail.

Howard
    I tuned it straight MAF and it's dead balls spot on. In fact I'm quite proud of how nice the fuel trims look on this one. So I think that's all ok. But it doesn't shift right, so what do I know :-/

Advanced Tuner
    it TC kicks in, it will not shift.

Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    it TC kicks in, it will not shift.
    I got the car dialed in last night after spending a little time with it. I set up pattern A for street driving/tire spin, and pattern B is set up for 1/4 mile w/ good traction. It worked out pretty well. Car runs and drives real good. This is the tune I ended up with.