Thread: 4L65E Help 6.0 LS1 HELP

Potential Tuner

Exclamation 4L65E Help 6.0 LS1 HELP

Good morning everyone, I'm by no means a tuner myself but am looking for some help/advice.

I have a 2006 Saab 97x with an LS1 6.0 built from the factory blown 5.3. I have been using a relatively local guy who is using HP Tuners and recently Dyno Tuned the vehicle. However, I am going in tomorrow to work out some "bugs" if you will.

One of which is a surge at low RPM. I'm guessing its the DOD doing its duty because we used stock parts in the build. TheOEM tune didn't have the surge... something he changed created it. He stated he will dissable that within the tune. Similar to my HEMI, which also suffered a MDS issue after modifying it.

The other thing I want to do is tune the tranny some to ommit the hard 1-2 shift. Hence the real reason for my thread.

My guy was open and stated I'm more than welcome to bring along any tune file that someone else created so that we may compare it with my file. He's a huge and excellent Ford tuner, just hasn't done many of the 6.0 builds in the GM platform. Regardless, he's been doing it for years and has plenty of experience.

Again, sorry its a short notice as I'll be there in the morning, but if anyone has a file for ecm and tcm from about a 2006/2007 TBSS that could be of help? I would greatly appreciate any help or advice any members may have.

Thanks!!!

William W.

Here is my 2006 file for refferance before I did the turbo. It is open loop, MAFless, and runs multiple AFR's for milleage. So the VE will be useless to you, but the rest should be pretty usefull. It has a 3600 converter in it as well. Best run with the bone stock 6.0 was 12.9 in 30 degree temps, with only mods a 4" FWI, mandrell bent exhaust without cats using stock manifolds, and the Yank SS3600. I dont come on here as much as of late as I have been busy doing my turbo project. So if you need me, you can find me at the tbssowners.com site with the same username. Send any PM there if you need other info on my combo or have questions.
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project