Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LNF: Commanded vs Actual Timing

Senior Tuner
    Ya You could save your stock(current) IAT Spark correction table, then zero out from 45*C and up and try another log and see if that is the table effecting your timing.

Keep an eye on KR during this.
    Last edited by planethax; 05-31-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: I am so slow lol

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    did anyone notice how it pulls a perfect -8* of timing at 5k which happens to be the same value as the dynamic load maximum knock limit? curious

i mean i run the same knock retard settings he has asside from a few tip in changes but turning that off would be a bad idea anyways since it helps prevent cylinder overtemp and damaging cyl pressure spikes.

im starting to wonder if the modified file ended up getting corrupted over time.....it does happen.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 05-31-2012 at 01:04 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    did anyone notice how it pulls a perfect -8* of timing at 5k .........
    Sorry Newb with this engine,
    How are you telling in the Log that it is pulling 8* of timing at 5K?

Maybe I dont have a good config file to look at log?

looking at the value of advance reported in the log at x amount of rpm and wot load conditions then comparing it to the commanded value that ericmir has set in the tune file itself.

the wot load starts with timing 4* less than that of which he commands in the tune then by 5k rpm it jumps to -8* difference

Senior Tuner
    I must not be looking at right table I guess.
    For example, at start of WOT run (frame 11015)
    I see
    127%L @2671 Rpm with Advance @ 9*

I look at tune RPM vs Load
    2520 Rpm 120% Load cell I see 10*

at end of the WOT run I see (frame 11072)
    6537Rpm 67%l and -1* Advance
    and in tune at 6320Rpm with 70% Load would be 28* Advance?

Doesnt seem to jive or am I looking at all the wrong Data and tables?

(Sorry for going a bit off track ericmir )

does your hist match the editor

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    does your hist match the editor
    Honestly I am such a Newb I never thought of looking at the Histograms, was trying to follow it via the Charts.

Histos do look the same,
    Let me grab a coffee and try and wrap my head around it here lol

FWIW

This is my config I have for LNF downloaded from here

Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    Honestly I am such a Newb I never thought of looking at the Histograms, was trying to follow it via the Charts.

Histos do look the same,
    Let me grab a coffee and try and wrap my head around it here lol

FWIW

This is my config I have for LNF downloaded from here
    Thats my config file i posted haha, Hope you like it

im actually wondering if that timing reduction has something to do with the boost spike slamming the pressure limit... because the timing was at its lowest when the limit was exceeded and as soon as the boost lo res sensor dropped back below 240kpa he gained 4 degrees timing back?! Then he surpassed the limit again at 4600rpm and it was 4 degrees timing below commanded!

Quote Originally Posted by stromboli86 View Post
    im actually wondering if that timing reduction has something to do with the boost spike slamming the pressure limit... because the timing was at its lowest when the limit was exceeded and as soon as the boost lo res sensor dropped back below 240kpa he gained 4 degrees timing back?! Then he surpassed the limit again at 4600rpm and it was 4 degrees timing below commanded!
    Hmmm good thinking sir... CBSSOB what do you think? Can I raise these two values Underboost and Overboost settings higher?

i run factory over under settings and only change the enable rpm to maximum rpm which is 10200.

what stromboli said could be true but since it removed a total maximum of 8* that follows allog with another table i have in mind. the only way we are going to know is if you change 1 table at a time until the issue goes away.
    if it never goes away you will have to upload a factory bone stock file- perform another save as of the factory file and remodify the new save as because a file has some how been corrupted.
    if thats a no go then shoo there could be something non related to the tune going on.

i dont see the 8* pulled you mentioned at 5k? iv got 11* from 5k to 6k on a commanded 15*

So I did what CBSSOB asked me to do and 0 out the table for IAT Base and no change.

Here is a copy of my log and tune

if you add/subtract timing to the WOT column does if change at all? or is it always what we see there? like its always about 4* below commanded or literally stuck on the numbers we see now

I will go in and raise all the timing on the high load columns up by 2. My concern for this is that I am afraid that the car one day might all of a sudden decide to run the commanded spark of lets say 18, 19 degrees and something terrible will happen.

I have been logging every trip I make in the car for the past month now and not once does it pass 13 degrees. So I feel its safe to raise the commanded but I am still very concerned about the possibility of suddenly running the commanded.

Senior Tuner
    i dont see the 8* pulled you mentioned at 5k? iv got 11* from 5k to 6k on a commanded 15*
    Now that I am looking at the Histos I am see this as well.
    Think CBSSOB is seeing something I am not which I am trying to grasp.

Oh and TY 4 the config

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ericemir View Post
    ........... but I am still very concerned about the possibility of suddenly running the commanded.
    I agree, would be better if you could find out why instead of masking it.

well i wouldnt mask it and run 18* to make up for it, just want to figure out the nature of the beast. reflashing the stock tune might be next tho to rule out a corrupt file

EDIT: Actually, one thing you could do is make a special config file that list every single advance and retard PID in the table to see what exactly is pulling the timing
    Last edited by stromboli86; 06-01-2012 at 08:31 AM.

well i wouldnt mask it and run 18* to make up for it, just want to figure out the nature of the beast. reflashing the stock tune might be next tho to rule out a corrupt file

EDIT: Actually, one thing you could do is make a special config file that list every single advance and retard PID in the table to see what exactly is pulling the timing
    What items shoud I be watching?

well i was going to make a config up but something has changed... i closed my scanner out and now the PID list actually changed lol. Before i have options for timing advance coolant, advance IAT, burst knock... etc. ALL GONE NOW! wtf

You can make a custom PID using SENS.111 which is timing retard for now
    Last edited by stromboli86; 06-01-2012 at 09:19 AM.