Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LNF: Commanded vs Actual Timing

LNF: Commanded vs Actual Timing

So here is a copy of my tune and I need help to figure out why I am not getting my commanded advance timing. The highest I have ever seen is 12.5 at wot top rpm range.

I have made sure that all 4 tables are showing the same timing. I have also checked to make sure that my IAT are sky rocketing up with would cause the computer to pull a few degrees. I am not sure if the right way to go about it is to raise the commanded till I get the actual to be where I want it but I am afraid that when I least expect it the engine will run the commanded and I will knock out of control.

Any suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    Post a log too.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if every cell in the factor tables for base angle operation are 1 then it will only use the warm tables for cams. i still make the warm cold match perfectly, but this may help.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 05-22-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Ok I just made the change and will try it out tonight.

Thanks

So I changed all the factors to 1 in Engine> Spark> Advance> Spark Correction AFR Correction Base table....

Is this the right table to do this at?

Now I have tons of some KR scattered over my table...

no that my bad return afr base to stock.
    i think i misread it cause the words are tiny on my phone and i thought you were having cam timing issues. i appologize

that is truely odd because the file looks normal. i wonder how old and what heat range are your spark plugs? Company who made them?

I changed the plugs like 2 months ago and used a step colder... I am not sure the brand that I installed...

What are recommended spark plugs for this engine? Brand, Heat Range, Part number?

Thanks!

i run ngk's but others are good as well. the main thing i was looking for is a step colder and if you got multi tips or the origional single tip. the new multi tips are sometimes sporadic to error.

I catually have that problem too where I'll command X amount of timing but get about 1 degree less. I've searched around and haven't found much. I was directed to the optimum tq table but saw no change.
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

In my experience you should remove all TM from trans and engine, any tables that can retard timing, etc before you try to look at and tune your normal timing table(s).

So many things that can pull timing that have nothing to do with knock, you need to take them all out of the picture first.

I have followed CBSSOV LNF videos and the LNF tuning guide that explains what to remove... Have I missed something?

the file you have posted does not have the optimal engine torque table adjusted. this might cause a pull in timing......
    and as higgs said you have alot of torque management stil in effect.

lets see your most recent tune to date cause you may have made more changes and then another scan should help pinpoint the culprit
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 05-25-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Ok these are my latest tune and log. How do I fix these? I have viewed all your videos... did I miss something?

thanks!

My tune is based on the stock tune modified for the 3 bar map sensors and a maf relocation. my charge pipe has a gap between the intercooler and the throttle body I made sure of it.

besides that the car is stock...

Advanced Tuner
    You're log doesn't have any wot pulls.

My bad....

I am getting random knock... Not sure why. to be honest...

Advanced Tuner
    Still not seeing a wot pull in that log, put it in 3rd at 3000rpm, smash the pedal to the floor(80% is not wot) and hold on tight till the redline. Don't worry about that knock, its nothing.

ok will do it in the morning... but any idea on the partial knock?

Advanced Tuner
    You got 5 little blips of knock in a 15 minute log, i could show you one of my logs that will make you cringe with the knock im seeing. Again don't worry about it its so minor you should actually be happy, every lnf has partial throttle knock.

Ok this thing has KR all over the place... I will upload my tune and log. I changed one of the tables for optimal spark...