Thread: TCM Security Request Timed Out -'12 CTS-V

Advanced Tuner

TCM Security Request Timed Out -'12 CTS-V

hi guys,

maybe some one had the same problem and can help me.
    I have this error trying to upload the file from one brand new Cadillac CTS-V Coupe, LSA, 6 speed auto.
    I did the pulley tune pulling out the TCM fuse and tuning the ECM only, but I don't like it so much.
    any time I try to upload the full power train file the HPT shows this message:
    TCM Security Request Timed Out
    I have the latest Beta (just download last Friday) and I get in touch with Support who told to me is an issue of this particular vehicle.
    the car has only 1000 miles, is TOTALLY stock, no electrical devices attached, I tried two different PC, 3 different Beta releases, two different vehicle batteries.
    no way.
    the only think I can say is that the ECM only was originally tuned on a bench harness by Hennessey with EFI-Live, they send back to me the ECM and I modified the tune with HPT.
    this can be the root cause???

or maybe some OEM modules that need to be disconnected (like removing fuse from radio on Corvette)???
    FYI TCM can be easily programmed with OEM SPS TIS2000Web with no issues at all.

any tip will be really appreciated.
    thank you!

bye

Advanced Tuner

hi guys,
    found were the trouble is!!!
    European (and Jap) export vehicles have mandatory pedestrian protection on the front hood and front fascia.

so, this module is inline on the can-bus high and makes interference with the TCM ...
    simply removed the fuse number 34 (10A) on the underhood fuse box and done!
    TCM upload in a breeze!!!

bye!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thanks for the heads up. I had one other customer that had a similar issue, hopefully this tip will help them as well.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Christian!

This made my day, European spec 2009 CTS-V with exact same issue.

Regards Marco