Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: random flashing SES light :(

I did a SD log on the way to work this morning.

I just put my second set of plug in 4 days in I also warr. out my O2 sensors. I now have ngk 21544 sensors in both front banks. After i got finished i went for a drive down the expressway. I only got a flashing SES light once..but i did see lots of fuel blowing out the exhaust. Here is a log of that trip and the tune after i changed a few VE cells and a few MAF cells..

Well, at least both 02's are switching now, but the fuel trims are still horrendous.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

i got even worse on my second trip.. ANY help on what I did wrong!!! I am going crazy!! For now i am stuck using this car as my DD

I think you need to start from scratch, make sure there are no exhaust leaks and find a shop to tune you. It's so far out I wouldn't know where to tell you to start. Sorry.

i had a shop tune it but it never ran right. I have a copy of the tune that they did. The only thing i did to his tune was adjust the VE & MAF tables. The car has ran great for almost 2 months sence i changed the tables. I will have to get under the car and look for leaks. The headers are not leaking i have check them 3 times. I am just stumped cause it has run good for so long. I think i am just going to put his tune back in the car when i get home from work tonight.

I agree with going back to a previous tune and starting over, even if it wasn't perfect. I've had to do this a few times when things didn't seem to add up. Though it's a PITA, carefully rework the VE before going on the MAF. With the new sensors maybe it will make a difference once you go back into CL. If you still have random misfires, it could be the crank sensor. I had a issue with random misfires but not during WOT runs (when you would expect it). Spent hours on many different car forums and found out it can be one of the most difficult problems to narrow down in any car. You can actually desensitize the crank sensor sometimes instead of having to change it. I can't remember where it was in HPTuners, but it worked for me and hasn't been an issue since.

Thanks for the help.. I will load his tune back in the car tonight and see how it drives on the way to work tomorrow.

ok so i think i got it....My intake gasket on Cyl3 is melted a little bit. If i was sucking in air from the gasket the driver side on would read lean and try to dump more fuel. Would this be a good reison why my Bank1 would add 50% fuel and pull fuel from Bank2???

Could be part of the cause at least, but I wouldn't think bank two would be affected by bank one as much as yours is.

Advanced Tuner
    unless he's been tuning ve with the leak and using the o2 on bank one and that would cuz bank two to go the other way
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

In post #7 he implies his wb is on the pass side, bank 2 but I'm not sure.

yes my WB is in the pass side i am going to relace the gaskets tonight and put new spark plugs in than get another log.. I hope this fixes most of my problems