Thread: DBW issues with TQM. 2500HD Sierra 8.1L

Question DBW issues with TQM. 2500HD Sierra 8.1L

Howdy folks, been awhile since I've posted. I'm working on an '02 Sierra 2500HD with an 8.1L big block and 5 speed Allison trans.

The issue I'm having is 2 fold. First issue we narrowed down to the ETC TPS Max table under Torque Management, ECT Limits. When I try to remove all the torque management, the throttle feels nice and snappy with this table maxed out, but under certain driving conditions the engine tries to go to WOT very shortly and some times it can be dangerous when roads are slick. See log.

Second issue is pedal position % is not following throttle position %. I found pedal position sensor under the scanner's list and tried adding it to the log to view both TPS and pedal position, but nothing happens. I'll be the first to admit I'm horrible at configuring the scanner to tell me things. I first discovered the issue when looking at the TPS % during WOT, and it wont go above 40% TPS when I'm clearly holding my foot to the floor. Any idea why?

Using the default config file. Would like to learn how to add pedal position % to the scanner but I'm still trying to figure that out.
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever get anything figured out? I am running in this roadblock as well and I am just getting started.
    Thanks,
    Corey
    Corey McCarthy
    2005 2500 HD: 8100 and 4.10's Stock so far
    2000 Venture: Stock

Fixed the issue of the throttle blip by only removing the TQM above 30% throttle in the "ETC TPS Max" table. Feels more sluggish, but in this particular truck I'd rather have safe and predictable engine conditions rather than neck snapping throttle response.

The drive by wire TB still isn't following pedal position commands linearly. We ran out of time before we could dive into this any further. If you come up with something for a fix let me know.
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide