Thread: Looking for tips about doing a E47 tune

Looking for tips about doing a E47 tune

Here is my current tune looking for tips on how to do a E47 tune.Attachment 33876

I might suggest dialing in your current tune a little better before diving into e47 just to get a little more comfortable with the process..

Tuner in Training
    My biggest hurdle was learning to work and read the histograms.

I have an L61 running Alph-N so I dont know much about MAF tuning. After driving and changing things to see what feels best, has good vacuum and gets best gas mileage I settled on an AFR and am tuning to that. I charted my cruise cells using the histogram to see the cells that had the most hits while trying to keep from making drastic speed changes. Anything below that,less throttle, goes lean. Above, more throttle, goes a tad rich, actually stoic since Im lean at cruise, up to 75% throttle where I richen it up a little more for WOT. I had to turn the WOT threshold up to 100% to tune that area. I did not see a WOT % table in your tune.

WARNING. TEST THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    One of the things that helped the most in autocrossing was to take my rev limit from stock of off 6500 resume 6300 up to off 7200 resume 7195. This is the upper safe limit of a stock engine from what I have read. My car has a noticeable power drop at 6800. What this did for me was one obviously give me more usable RPMs and power so I do not have to shift up a gear or bounce off the rev limiter just to shift back down for a turn where stock tunes do and two shortened the distance between rev limit fuel cut and resume so I dont get the 1/2 second lag time between cut and resume. It just hoovers at 7200ish RPMs.

In testing I did take the Rev limit to 7400 just to see if it would blow up but I dont think I was even able to reach that in 4th gear (manual trans).

As I noted at the top of these paragraphs. WARNING. Test with care. Watch fuel and knock and dont hold it above the stock redline for long util you are sure the engine can take it.

One more thing. For tuning WOT I use Virtule Dyno from Brad Barnhill
    http://www.bradbarnhill.com/projects/VirtualDyno/
    The latest VCM beta can export the correct CSV to import into Virtule Dyno. before that the RPM column was messed up.