Thread: 98 z28 can someone help me get the gears set?

98 z28 can someone help me get the gears set?

I have 19" 2007 corvette c6 wheels with 295/35/19s on the rear.

27 inches in diameter.

I tried 27/4.1 and let it commit and the speedo is still like 12 mph too high when im driving.

i have 4.10s in a 98 Z with these wheels. What value should I enter in the newer hpt beta to get the speedo right?

Thanks,
    2007 Trailblazer SS
    Pacesetter long tubes/magnaflow duals/electric water pump/electric fans/fast lxrt/ported tb/ 4" CAI/as hood/
    1999 CAMARO SS- LS2 1 7/8" LTs|BIGCAM|S2Heads|FTRA|UD Pulley|TRU DUALS|LCAs & LCARBs|panhard bar|BMR ADJ T-Arm|racetronix fuel pump|FAST102/102 Mcleod Adj MC|HINSON SHIFTER|S2 T56|4.56s|RAII|K&N|LID|Monster 4/electric water pump/micro edge/lnc2000/qa1s/nx plate/qa1 drag bar/12 bolt/4.11 gears/3.5 ds

Try measuring the actual tire, from ground to top of the tire. Use that for the measurement, it should get you a lot closer. You can't go by the metric sizing math. If all else fails, figure out what percentage you are actually off, and multiply the tire/gear number by that amount.

Try the actual measurement, first, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ssdungeon View Post
    I have 19" 2007 corvette c6 wheels with 295/35/19s on the rear.

27 inches in diameter.

I tried 27/4.1 and let it commit and the speedo is still like 12 mph too high when im driving.

i have 4.10s in a 98 Z with these wheels. What value should I enter in the newer hpt beta to get the speedo right?

Thanks,
    Auto or Manual? Post or email your file.. ppm are off
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

gears

manual with 4.10 gears this is for the Z in my sig
    2007 Trailblazer SS
    Pacesetter long tubes/magnaflow duals/electric water pump/electric fans/fast lxrt/ported tb/ 4" CAI/as hood/
    1999 CAMARO SS- LS2 1 7/8" LTs|BIGCAM|S2Heads|FTRA|UD Pulley|TRU DUALS|LCAs & LCARBs|panhard bar|BMR ADJ T-Arm|racetronix fuel pump|FAST102/102 Mcleod Adj MC|HINSON SHIFTER|S2 T56|4.56s|RAII|K&N|LID|Monster 4/electric water pump/micro edge/lnc2000/qa1s/nx plate/qa1 drag bar/12 bolt/4.11 gears/3.5 ds

manual with 4.10 gears this is for the Z in my sig

Here You Go.

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Many thanks...

I have no idea how you got those numbers. I wont be able to check it until Tick Performance gets done with that one. Its loosing 88lbs....
    going from iron to aluminum.

Is this part right for the 19 inch wheels and 4.10s?
    As in the pic for some reason my gear change box is different I cant put in the tire height and gear ratio and comit I have to do it this way. I came up with 6.29

It doesnt have to be perfect but my RPMs were off and my speedo before.

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Here You Go.

2007 Trailblazer SS

I have no idea how you got those numbers. I wont be able to check it until Tick Performance gets done with that one. Its loosing 88lbs....
    going from iron to aluminum.

Is this part right for the 19 inch wheels and 4.10s?
    As in the pic for some reason my gear change box is different I cant put in the tire height and gear ratio and comit I have to do it this way. I came up with 6.29

It doesnt have to be perfect but my RPMs were off and my speedo before.
    I JUST got the car back yesterday... Im so happy to finally have it back. This got it closer its about 500 rpms high and about 5mph high compared to HPT
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Could there be something wrong with my guages period.
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Can someone tell me what gears are in the car if 6.08 was the magic number? No calculations I have done have come close to that number.
    Could 4.56 gears be in the car.

For the record I replaced the guage cluster. When I took the old one out. The needle base wasnt seated so it was sort of spinning behind the cluster. That is probably the only thing that was wrong with the old cluster. After that I just started plugging in numbers until both the RPMs and the Speedo were in check with HP Tuners. They are like 1-2 mph and 1-200 rpms off now. I can live with that.

If anyone could answer the question above I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!
    2007 Trailblazer SS