Thread: p0717 after 2800 stall install 2011 silverado 4l60e

Tuner in Training

p0717 after 2800 stall install 2011 silverado 4l60e

Hey guys I am throwing a P0717 and the p0300 misfire after installing a built 4l60e with 2800 stall. Truck is a 4.8 lysholm supercharged 3:73 gears

I did a few runs and when i first start out the iss and turbine speed does not log until i am around 22 mph then it picks up and reads. it throws the code and i clear it while driving an the iss reads like normal and tcc lockup will engage. it will eventually set the code again and unlock the tcc but clearing code will reengage it instantly. my iss seems to never drop out while driving after the initial take off i can stop and go and it reads fine. Is this a stall converter tuning issue? I did most of the recommended tuning for the 4l60e but still get this code.

Under heavy throttle it throws the p0300 misfire and I have maxed revoltion table out. Not sure what to do on the other tables.

I'll post the tune but be gentle this is my first experience tuning so it may be a wreck.

Still trying to figure out logs and such so I dont have one to share

Tuner in Training
    Last dyno was 417 whp 442 tq just in case any ones interested in what it does for power.

Tuner in Training
    figured I should learn how to log so here are two logs. First is just running out to an open area. second is stalling and launching at 69% throttle. Painted 11's with 26" wheels on a 5800 lb truck lol. Kinda scared to go WOT till I work out the kinks.

Tuner in Training
    After more research im thinking the wrong input shaft was put in trans. The new pump housings have the iss installed into them and are vin code specific. The input shaft should also be specific but it is just abillet input shaft for a 4l60e not vin specific. I believe the tcm is showing an input sensor number based off what the output shaft readout. At idle there is no input shaft reading because there is no output shaft reading. As output reading goes up the input is getting generic numbers from the tcm. This is my theory if anyone can verify or debate would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    So it has been confirmed that the wrong input shaft is in trans. Newer 4L60e's need the shaft with reluctor wheel. Pulling trans back out and going back into it.

Once you get the transmission back in, you still might find that a P0300 misfire code will come about. That is typical of a different converter and will need to be adjusted in the DTC section. Glad you figured out the other issue though.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    For testing purposes I maxed all the misfire tables out and that cleared up that issue. Once the GT2-3 cam goes in I will try to tune the tables back in.