Thread: S/c 3800 In A Suzuki Samurai

Tuner in Training

S/c 3800 In A Suzuki Samurai

i will be ordered my hp tuners in two weeks. I do not know alot about what i will have to do just yet, but i do now i have to disable the theft for it to run.
    The harnesss was build wiht just the bare min for it to run, no emmissions and will have to get teh trans tables to go away if i remember correctly. Will this type of ecm work normal with now input or wires for the theft? Any other input on anything you think of would be great also.

Here is the engine bay for those that think it will not fit properly

jelous.... lol I have wanted to do this to my samurai for a while. These motors are all over the junkyards here.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Tuner in Training

Potential Tuner
    Awesome build! Ironically I was about to e-mail support about a similar question when I saw your post. I'm actually planning a V6 swap for my Samurai and am leaning towards a 3.0L high feature V6. Being an aluminum 60 degree v-6 with integrated exhaust manifolds, it is pretty light and compact for the power it puts out. My old Samurai had a 4.3 V6. That engine was way too heavy for the power output. The 3800 is a lot lighter than the 4.3 as well and being a v6 most of the additional weight compared to the stock engine will be added further rearward so your CofG wont change as much as one would think.
    Anyway, check out a couple posts below this one, it has some good info regarding VATS.

Cheers!

Tuner in Training
    Whats up yall. Its runs and seems to run great just get really bad fuel milage. All i have done is delet vats and alot of codes at this point. My friend and i are tunning this thing so he may have made some changes that i dont know about. i am getting him to send me the file so i can let yall look at it. Will it make a differance that teh ecm does not see vss?

Tuner in Training
    Here is the file that is in it right know. I know i need to delet trans tables cuz there is no trans that it will see. Let me know what you think.

Have you gotten this to run? I am wrapping up a similar project with a Mazda B2200 Pick up truck.

Tuner in Training
    it dors run judt working on tuning it right know.

I am working on the wiring now and just curious of how to use the ecu without the BCM and security system

Tuner in Training
    Just use the utner to disable it and it works

Tuner
    Cool build, you really shouldn't have to do much to it from a stock tune. What program are you using Buick or Pontiac? The stock Pontiac is more aggressive than the Buick (more timing, etc.).

The only thing you've really changed is the intake (may be more restrictive than stock). Other than that you shouldn't have to change much (maf will change down low).

The little L67 you stuffed in there can make big power, turbo guys can push them over 600 HP, mine, a highly modified SC version, probably makes close to 400 at the wheels. I've seen guys push over 25psi to a stock bottom end 3800s as well. Good engine choice
    98 Buick GSX IS3 Heads/GenVblower/cammed/intercooled and stalled
    02 Collector Edition Trans Am WS6
    94 S-10 with Rancho 3" lift on 33's
    93 Typhoon
    07 Tahoe