Thread: open loop tuning?

open loop tuning?

is their any way to take the AFR adder past 4800 rpm? i would like to do a open loop SD tune but i need to be able to tune above 4800 rpm.

PE and AE still come on while in open loop right or no?

hey...thanks for all the help guys (-_-)
    2001 V6 M5 firebird: drop in K&N, 12bolt with posi and 4.30s, magnaflow muffler, gutted cat.
    9.5 at 73 in the 1/8th on street tires

Senior Tuner
    Hows' about a post with your file bub? Yes, PE and AE are functional.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i dont have any scans yet of trying to do the open loop tuning as I have not tried to do it yet but I can post up the file that im running right now as well as the last scan that I did.

The SR-71 file is my current file thats on the car and the "to work" is the last scan from a cold start and my morning drive to work.

I'm pretty new to tuning so if you notice any errors in my file or my scans please let me know and some tips of correcting them. This file has a very rich bog while in open loop and lasts until it warms up a bit and goes into closed loop maybe can some one show me and explain how/where I went wrong to cause that?
    2001 V6 M5 firebird: drop in K&N, 12bolt with posi and 4.30s, magnaflow muffler, gutted cat.

Senior Tuner
    Doesn't look like you can man. Looks like you are going to carry the last value seen in that table. The VE Table will cover that area if you do a true SD tune failing the MAF completely. I say sure VE tune it, but I would still use the MAF after.
    For now, add MAF Hz to your scanner and post another log when you can.
    Last edited by MMGT1; 05-20-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I have the maf set to fail (I think) and I have been working on a VE tune for a little while now. I have a set of 36# injecters that will go in soon then once those are dialed in I will be putting a dry nitrous kit on it and using the IAT to add the fuel. thoughts on this precess?

Senior Tuner
    There is a little delay when using the IAT to enter nitrous. There is a better way in the forums here. Ill find it and post a link to it.
    Set your OL temp to its max value as well then and you have to actually unplug the MAF. Then set the DTC for MAF Fail to first error. Light will come on but you know you failed it properly.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    Here you go, found the post:

It can take a bit for the IAT to register the temp drop. You should use a N.O. (normally open) relay triggered by the kit (ground triggered from relay tied into the IAT wire) to get immediate timing drop. Its a more reliable way to pull timing, and then you can then put the nozzle where you want it.
    2000 Trans Am WS6