Thread: DALs with stock MAP sensor on LNF

Potential Tuner

DALs with stock MAP sensor on LNF

Kind of new to tuning still, but from what I understand is that on stock MAP sensors I don't want to reach 255kPa, or really get to close because that means I'm going out of range of the sensors. I've been reading a few different tuning guides and the first one I read had the DAL making its way up to 350 which seems pretty high. Then, I think it was a BYT tune I saw had DALs only reaching 325. Are DAL values directly correllated to kPa?

My main concern is that I don't want to go out of range of the stock sensors until I upgrade to GMS1 sensors.

Car is an 08 Cobalt SS/TC btw, mods are ZZP downpipe, ZZP IC, ZZP intake tube and HP tuners

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    lower the wg in 90%-100% load areas to 73%wgdc and run the dals in 100% load from 3k rpm to max using a value of 255.

the values are not kpa...they are airflow demanded values. they represent ammount of air in some sort of value representing density or g/all cyl values. if you still fall short on boost up the dal by a value of 5 until you get close to the boost you want then use the wgdc% to make smaller adjustments until you hit the boost you wish to command.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    lower the wg in 90%-100% load areas to 73%wgdc and run the dals in 100% load from 3k rpm to max using a value of 255.

the values are not kpa...they are airflow demanded values. they represent ammount of air in some sort of value representing density or g/all cyl values. if you still fall short on boost up the dal by a value of 5 until you get close to the boost you want then use the wgdc% to make smaller adjustments until you hit the boost you wish to command.
    Ok, just what I was looking for, thanks.

Last question, in the torque management there is a set limit for pressure that, in mine, is set at 240kPa. Will this actually stop me from boosting over 20psi if its actually commanding more than this?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    If your talking about the one I have in mind, Raise to the 511.xxxxxxxxx value from the boost sensor below.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman