Thread: 1998 dirt track cavalier

1998 dirt track cavalier

Need help making a tune for 98 2.2 cavalier. Need to be fast no limiters no emissions rich fuel 113 oxygenated so please help have 60 thousands shaved off head. No o2 sensors 5speed. Please help.. ASAP need help

Tuner in Training
    Add 4-7 degrees to your high octane PE table. Smooth out that table. Copy over to low octane PE table. Match those up with non-PE low and high tables.Set Base AFR vs. ECT tables to 13.0 Follow this guide:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6866
    Write calibration only to your vehicle, and then drive it while scanning for signs of any detonation.(log Knock Retardation)
    Last edited by PopUpBlocker; 04-24-2012 at 05:52 PM.

how do i do this

98 cavalier race car

current tune need help want it to have most hp availible for a race car dirt track.... 2.2 motor

please help
    customs

Tuner in Training
    "how do i do this"
    1.) Mostly fine so far. Lower PE Enable for 3000RPM and other PE table to 30% throttle position.

2.) Leftclick hold & highlight all rows above 900RPM (above your idle) in the high octane timing tables, enter 5 hit +

3.) Lefttclick topleft box (one with no # in it) of that table and after whole table's highlighted, rightclick & copy. Repeat procedure 3.) onto low octane tables but instead, rightclick & paste.

All of this has already been mentioned throught this forum. Read around and dedicate some honest time to educate yourself on your PCM and it's OS/how it works, and how to use this software as well as understand the tables it unlocks. It's a simple car to start with and you will soon find that with a little effort, this isn't very hard to understand at all. Take the class and or buy the D.V.D.
    Last edited by PopUpBlocker; 05-04-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Thumbs down help

ok ran the tune i had posted havnt changed nothing yet but it ran good throught the heat got first.... then started pole.. on feature and when ever i got through the corner when it started to put pressure on the motor it wanted to cut in and out like it was either getting too much fuel or not enough wanted to bog down like a dog and cut in and out under load plugs are good wires good coils good had to be something with the tune..... hmmmm we run in third gear and leave it there .... only happens in the corners coming out... to straight way... id half to let my footpetal off to 50% then slowly push it down to 100% whats it doing dumping too much fuel or >>?? i need help with this one as ap.. please i would appriciate it... thanks...
    customs

Quote Originally Posted by fcustoms View Post
    ok ran the tune i had posted havnt changed nothing yet but it ran good throught the heat got first.... then started pole.. on feature and when ever i got through the corner when it started to put pressure on the motor it wanted to cut in and out like it was either getting too much fuel or not enough wanted to bog down like a dog and cut in and out under load plugs are good wires good coils good had to be something with the tune..... hmmmm we run in third gear and leave it there .... only happens in the corners coming out... to straight way... id half to let my footpetal off to 50% then slowly push it down to 100% whats it doing dumping too much fuel or >>?? i need help with this one as ap.. please i would appriciate it... thanks...
    Well if you did a race and a pole I do not see how it is the tune. Also if plugs are good, how could it be getting too much fuel.

I'm gussing fuel pump pickup since it is in the corners. Can you datalog while racing, or running the car?

no track wont allow nothing.... but are u sure it couldnt be the tune after it heats up and then acts up under a load???? yes no??? just asking.... heres how it happens we race our heat then like 5 mins later we ran our feature... we are last to race heats and first to race feature... it ran top notch in heat but in the corners of the feature it wanted to lose power when i had the petal all the way to the floor coming out of the corner and only way to counter act that was to let off half throttle then it started to pick back up,,., then i could floor it again,,.
    customs

go to your torque management tab and zero the spark retard vs. torque reduction table

possibly you have some knock retard happening, either log it in the scanner and adjust the timing. If you are confident the engine is not actually knocking then zero the max retard tables so there will be no retard (but beware!).

Its hard to tell what the problem really is without detailed info.
    I count sheep in hex...

help

how do u want me to detail it chris or log it how do i do that???? so i can send it and show u
    customs

well really you need to get the car or engine on a dyno and a wideband sensor, without doing that you will be just guessing on the timing and fuel.
    I count sheep in hex...