Thread: Changed MAP to a 2 BAR need help

Tuner in Training

Changed MAP to a 2 BAR need help

I am a newbie to tuning. I have done searches on here for guidance but being so new not connecting the dots. I have a 2003 Silverado SS with LQ9 with a FLT level 7 trans. I put long tube headers, High flow CATS, 160 degree thermostat, Comp cams 226/232 dur .584/.595 lift 114 LSA with new valve springs and push rods. I also put a Radix MP122 with the 90MM J tube and a LS2 TB that's been ported and last but not least a Walbro 255 in tank fuel pump. I bought a tune from a guy to get me started and it has been okay but not where it needs to be for sure. I also have a LC-1 wideband installed.

Last week I installed a 2 bar MAP. When I did a scan at idle I figured out that the current OS on my PCM is not setup to read the new MAP showing half the Kpa values that it should. I know I need to convert my OS to the 2 bar that is in HP tuners but also wondering the best way to rebuild my VE table for a starting point. Any guidance that some would could give me I would be very thankful. Also if I am missing something please let me know where to look. I want to learn if someone could just point me in the right direction. thanks!!

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the video. Please see the attached files going from the tune before and after applying the OS upgrade, then taking what I saw in the demo and making the adjustments.

looks like the ve may be low but i am not familiar with maggies and that cam. you need to fail the maf(airflow vs freq. and dtc's),and your 1518/0068 table may cause you to throw a code and get reduced power. and by all means set up your scanner to plot your wideband error vs ve properly before you do anything else.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

Advanced Tuner
    x2 on getting the scanner setup right. That's crucial.

Go ahead and change PE EQ ratio to 1.2765, which is 11.5:1 AFR.

Tuner in Training
    thank you both for the help. The files I posted are before I have done any scanning and tuning. I am now going to setup the scanner as you said and work on dialing it in. I was worried about starting out to lean and burning a piston in my tuning process.....I would like to build a 427 stroker but not because I killed the 6.0.......thanks again guys!!