Thread: wacky commanded afr change

Senior Tuner

wacky commanded afr change

2010 silverado 6.2 flex fuel truck.

put some fuel in the truck tonight, did the usual drive to get the ecm to do it's thing to dial in the afr for ethanol content. blah blah blah. anyways. drove roughly 25 miles logging. nothing spectacular going on. aside from it doing whatever it wanted for wot timing. no adders in play on this either.

what really baked my noodle is after a 45 min log. changed one thing in the timing tables, an area the engine never see's in air flow. no big deal. load the map, fired the truck up. commanded afr jumps to 11.67 from 10.63 where it was at for 45 mins. idle, part throttle, highway. after a short 70-90 wot run, the afr went back to 10.63 {e85 for those wondering}.

WTF went on here?!?!?!

the only change was maf scaling from 0-7500 hz, and that small high g/cyl & rpm timing change. nothing more.

flashed the truck again with the exact same file. same commanded afr. did i miss the memo about it doing whatever it wanted today?!?!

exceeded the file size limit on the log. can email if needed.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner
    bump

Having a weird issue with my commanded afr, too.

Senior Tuner
    every now and then my truck freaks like this. once a year actually. i just flashed a previous map into it.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.