Thread: 69 Camaro/ LS2 (GTO) conversion tune problem

Potential Tuner

69 Camaro/ LS2 (GTO) conversion tune problem

I am new here at HP Tuners. I have installed a LS2/t56 out of a GTO in my 69 Camaro. I have been doing research on the conversion, and have used HP Tuners to turn VATS off and the 2nd set of O2 sensors so they will not report. I modified my own harness and have got the car running. I am having problems though. You can hook the battery up and start the car and it runs smooth and has great throttle response. I then switch it off and crank it the second time and it runs like crap. The throttle pedal will not actuate the throttle either. The car surges from 800 to 1200 rpm and runs very rich. I can unhook the battery for awhile and then it will crank and run smooth again until the next time it is started.

Here is my tune below. I also included my DTCs that were recorded when it while it was scanning. Maybe I am missing something.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Michael

Where did you tie all your key power wires into the factory harness?
    You need to make sure they have power wile the starter is turning over.
    Do Not use the factory resistor wire that powered the ignition coil. You need to make sure you have constant power from the time the key is turned on till it is running with no breaks or the ecm will reset and freak out.
    Set all your fuel tank, evap, ac and any other system you do not have to no error reported.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the info. I have a current performance standalone relay and fuse box. The engine and trans are a stand alone unit. But I am using the stock ignition switch for a start signal and switched 12v source. That may be the problem. I will check it today.

Potential Tuner
    Changed a couple wire today and made sure I had power during starting. It runs smooth now each time it is started.

Thanks
    Michael

Good deal. Conversions are allot of fun once you get a handle on them. I got a new one on a 65 GTO coming in next week.

I wantz picturez!!!
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    I wantz picturez!!!
    LOL They will be in our Photo Gallery when we get it. http://gtautopartsandservice.com/gallery2/ There are 3 LS conversion cars already in there. The Donkasaurus, a 91 k5 and a 67 Camaro. I have more pictures just got to get time to get them all up.

Potential Tuner
    Hey Gtautoparts

I got the car sorted out enough to make the American Street Car Series event RTOS yesterday. The LS2 performed great!
    Here is a couple pictures!

Thanks again