Thread: Baffled

Tuner in Training

Baffled

My car has been diognosed with being in the process of spinning a main bearing. I dont believe it myself. But I am getting good amounts of knock. I think it may be false because the car is a 2005 Vette with full bolt-ons and a cam. I am trying to see what I need to do to identify if the knock is in fact false or not. The car has no hesitation, stumbling, or audiable knock sounds. Can someone please look at the tune and log for me please and give their honest opinion on what could be causing the knock or how to see if it is false or not. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't view anything but if you spun a main you'd know it. Oil pressure would be in the tank and there would be a ridiculous amount of copper flakes in the oil/filter.

Disable Burst Knock Retard, try again. If the knock still shows up, it's real.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

are you using 93 pump gas ?

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Tuner in Training
    Yes nothing but 93 or better. I think I may have found the problem and will keep you guys posted. My 3 month old water pump bearing is failing causing it to make a crazy noise that also I believe is causing the knock. I'm fighting with the stealership on swapping it out for a new one under it's warranty.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hebdog7 View Post
    Yes nothing but 93 or better. I think I may have found the problem and will keep you guys posted. My 3 month old water pump bearing is failing causing it to make a crazy noise that also I believe is causing the knock. I'm fighting with the stealership on swapping it out for a new one under it's warranty.
    Was just looking over your log and was going to tell you that it appears something could be hitting or transfering noise / vibrations to the engine block, causing the false knock.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vette_c6 View Post
    are you using 93 pump gas ?

93 pump gas is not a solution to everything. 91 pump gas works just fine.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HoP View Post
    Was just looking over your log and was going to tell you that it appears something could be hitting or transfering noise / vibrations to the engine block, causing the false knock.
    Only thing I could think of would be from the headers. I even adjusted the pipes so they would not be touching anything. I'm almost 99% sure the water pump is causing all my headaches, to include the dealer still not replacing the faulty pump. I am paying them a visit today.

Quote Originally Posted by HoP View Post
    93 pump gas is not a solution to everything. 91 pump gas works just fine.
    i never used 91
    in my country we have only 93
    and 88

thanks for the info , i will keep that in my mind
    ;d

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !