Thread: LS3 vette reduced horsepower,, any help?

Tuner in Training

LS3 vette reduced horsepower,, any help?

got a A6 LS3 vette with L/T headers , VR intake, 102Fast, (242,246) Custom grind comp cam, and the car was 498 hp and now got 442 hp and checked for DTC there's nothing wrong and the AFR looks the same with approx 13.

changed the spark plugs, cleaned the air filter and checked the injecters and got the same result.

this is the tune guys, any issues ?
    Q8 & Gulf Countries Hptuners

Quote Originally Posted by Super Shop View Post
    got a A6 LS3 vette with L/T headers , VR intake, 102Fast, (242,246) Custom grind comp cam, and the car was 498 hp and now got 442 hp and checked for DTC there's nothing wrong and the AFR looks the same with approx 13.

changed the spark plugs, cleaned the air filter and checked the injecters and got the same result.

Tune for 12.5AFR. Did you change dyno's?
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Put more fuel in it.....13AFR is too lean for a high overlap cam. Loosing too much fuel out the exhaust valve during overlap.

As for the loss, it is possible it "was" locking the converter before and now won't. That would account for the difference. You would have to compare a scan log from before an after. Do you have both scan logs of the pulls?

Tuner in Training
    i tried tunning it for 12.7 but there was a diffrence of few Hp ( less then 7 hp),, i changed dynos but still the car doesnt seem the same on the street so this is why i decided to put it on the dyno again ( still using dyno jet )

Tuner in Training
    no i dont have the log before but so i ant compare the log

how can i check if the convertor is locking now and if not how can i make it ?

Tuner in Training
    how can i check if the converter lock ,, any help guyz?

use the scanner
    that will till u if the everything is okkay or not ,

shot a scan log for the car

if you dont like to post it in here ,, i dont mind helping u ,, Come to me today ,, i will be from 5 to 8:30 pm

Abdullah Alnajdi

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Try richening up the AFr and dropping the commanded spark by 4 degrees. Are you not hearing any audible knock? The settings for the Knock attack and decay are a little scary, were you getting alot of false knock to begin with?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Double check your Wideband and make sure it's accurate.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Shop View Post

Yes there are issues.... Is this tune your work?

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Tune for 12.5AFR. Did you change dyno's?
    Whyis everyone saying to tune 12.5 afr? Is that for ethenol?
    2007 C6 coupe LS3 416 6 speed mn Z51 3LT
    Vararam Snake charmer 160 Stat
    Kooks 1 7/8 headers with jet hot
    Fast 102 ported intake 102 TB RPM Level 5 T56
    MGW short throw ZIP 4.10 Severe Duty rear
    RPS TWIN DISC CARBON CLUTCH CCWs ele wp
    RPM LEVEL 5 TRANS W/HARDENED OUTSHAFT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtOPy_lp2QY

10.66 1.47 60ft 133+mph

Tuner in Training
    Guyz i found out that the best AFR for this cam is 12.8 and changed which got the best smooth curve with it,, but still 452 Hp so decided to take out each spark plug and check each cylinder pressure by installing a gauge and cranking.,, found out that cylinder 3 is not giving out the same reading than others ( less ) so took out the head, found out that the intake valve isnt staright wich there was leak in it. Valve is changed and the engine gained its horsepower again. Got 496 Hp again with the same tune.,,, FINALLY OKKKK
    THANK YOU GUYZ for your help and time appreciate it

Tuner in Training
    Trailblazi,, there is no knock sound and after founding the problem i dyno run it with the same tune and every thing is runing ok with just modifying the AFR,, thanks a lot,,,

i only habe an issue guyz of why r u guyz want to tune it on 12.5?