Thread: card style maf help needed

card style maf help needed

I am newb so bear with me. This is my first time with HPTuners, put cam, heads, headers,102 intake, 102 tb, and 98mm card style maf on motor. I read books, watched videos, listened to all helpful people in here and got the car fired up and idled pretty fair. The first problem that I am finding is that the maf is not reading anything except for the very first value in the table. So just to see if I had other Issues I plugged the stock maf in. It started reading just fine. I guess the brand new maf card could be bad but any info related to it would be appreciated, thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe the wires/wiring werent properly setup?
    Not sure but is there a difference in plugs? Maybe something simple..Not too sure..
    Thanks,

Dustin

I got all of the Maf parts from Grannatelly, the card, the billet housing, and the wiring pigtail. I will be calling them Monday for sure!

Sounds like a config issue. Post the config and the log.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Check these out and see what you think, just remember its my first one!Attachment 33624

Attachment 33626

You're not logging Mass Airflow (Hz) so the histogram can't plot it properly.
    Bill Winters

Thank you for pointing that out but, the issue that I have that I stated in the first post was that when I plugged the factory sensor back in you could watch the scanner and see that it was working in the lb/min gauge. So what difference does it make if its not in Hertz? Do the different style MAF read it differently or am I missing something?

Im not sure what your histogram looks like but you're probably wanting to plot short term fuel trims or long term fuel trims or AFR error against the MAF table. So without logging the MAF Hz it doesn't know where to plot the fuel trims or AFR error so it only plots it on the first column.
    Bill Winters

Called Granatelli today and verified that pigtail was right and card was right but still trying to get scanner set up, still new to it. It is kicking a P0102 code right off the back. Sounds like its going to be a pita.

Still need to add Mass Airflow (Hz) so you can see what the MAF is putting out.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Post the CFG file you are using to scan

Well Granatelli sent me a new MAF sensor and a different pigtail. I tried the new set up with no better results. Just to show the difference that I am seeing, I put the factory one back on and logged to show that it is working. I then put the new maf on and logged to show that it is not reading anything. I also posted the config, it may not be the exact right way but one thing at a time. Any ideas or maybe the right config set up that I need to check to see what you need to see would be helpful.

have u cleared the car history,and used default cfg?
    tsp LQ9 408, wiesco -10cc, ls7s cam,tsp 5.3Lheads ,stock rockers with upgraded trunions,BBK intake manifold;ported polished intake runners,80MM Tb,haltech CAI,Longtubes,RPM full drivetrain,3:15 gears.

Yes, many times. I keep getting the P0102 code and started out using the default for the scanner, I tried using other peoples conf for maf that read herz and it didnt read anything either. I have been learning more about using the scanner part but its just not reading anything with the LS7 maf.

Problem fixed! After finding the pinouts of the two connectors I found that both of the pigtails that I had received from Granatelli were wrong!!!!! I changed the pins and now it works! In case anybody else needs to know A-A,B-B,C-C and (D and E) are for the ait. Now its time to begin tuning! Thanks for the replies, Im sure Ill have more questions later.

Advanced Tuner
    Thats what i figured. We had similiar issues. Thats why i said wiring. If one works, the other should too unless its wired wrong, or broken. With the second doing the same exact thing, i would instantly run to wiring. If you change the wires to install a new part and it dont work, its most likely your install.
    Thanks,

Dustin