Thread: 5.3 help

Potential Tuner

5.3 help

Any one know of a website that helps with tuning 5.3 2000 trucks? an maybe a website that has pre tunes to upload?

Dexter

Advanced Tuner
    Hopefully you luck out and don't have one of the crappy pcm's that constantly pulls timing. My buddy's '00 pulls timing like a mofo!

Potential Tuner
    no sign of that yet hmm.....no was just wonting to look at other setups. its on my own ride not a customer so looking to make sure i have mine tuned to the fullest.

Dexter

Advanced Tuner
    You can check out the tune repository. Plenty of stock 5.3's that people tuned in there.

Wink

Pcm's are not crappy and pull timing unless told to do so by the engine sensors or too much timing. Typically the older injectors are gummed up with gas varnish, have a weak fuel pump, noisy valve train or sloppy pistons from poor maintenance that the knock sensors report to the pcm. Very lean mixtures also can lead to pinging. Data logs tell you gobs of info to troubleshoot retarded timing.

Pm me for tuning options.
    AkNovaMan
    '99 Jaguar XJ8 turbocharged 6.0L 4L80e
    '99 B4C Police Camaro '96 9C1 Police Caprice

search and you will find, look in the repository that will help some. use google and have hp tuners in what ever your trying to search example advance timing hp tuners, most of the stuff is done in a similar way. learn how to log data and know where fuel trims and o2 milivolts should be, this site helped me for tuning maf some torque managemnet and some timing, obviously its not a truck but some of it applies

http://www.grandprixforums.net/start...ers-43997.html
    2011 2500hd WT all stock leveled 33 grabber at2 plow truck toy hauler... Learning to tune....

86 grand national stock motor, stock trans, te 44 turbo, splash of alky 25lbs of boost. Waiting to see the track.....