Thread: Macbook Pro compatible?

Potential Tuner

Macbook Pro compatible?

Just checking to be sure that I can't run HPTuner software with a Macbook? TIA...

If you do a search you will see its been covered plenty of times already.
    Yes you can, you will either need to run your mac in boot camp with windows loaded onto the partitioned hard drive or run parallels or another similar software setup.
    Boot camp is easy and reliable for me.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Tuner in Training
    i cant specifically say for HPT but the newer releases of parallels have been fantastic for windows integration. When a few of my companies users wanted to use mac, I went with parallels to run some of my programs with GREAT success. Im not a mac hater, still couldnt find myself using one daily, but with parallels you sure can have a powerful setup!

Parallels is software that runs on the mac, that runs a virtual version of windows in teh background. You can either load the windows shell and use the start menu and all that fun. Or parallels allows you to user your mac desktop to run windows apps seemlessly.

Potential Tuner
    Works fine, I'm on a Macbook pro. I prefer running HPT directly off a bootcamp boot, though it works fine in Parallels. My only reason for prefering the Bootcamp method is that it eliminates variables, particularly for writing tunes... less stuff to possibly go wrong.

Good Luck!