Thread: 05 GTO insufficent throttle when hot

Tuner in Training

05 GTO insufficent throttle when hot

2005 GTO, 402 motor, mp122 blower, cam heads, etc. Car is tuned and running good with one exception...when its warm, the throttle refuses to be more open than 11% TPS on startup. Even with cranking VE, cranking airflow, minimum running airflow set to very high or even max values, the throttle stays at 11% and it wont fire up unless you manually open the throttle.

Ive tuned similar setups like this before, without this issue. Any ideas?

Ive attached the tune, and a log of the TPS...you can see where I have to give it more throttle manually. It needs about 20-25% to start, 18% to idle when warm. 11% is nowhere near enough. No matter how I change those previously mentioned tables, it settles to 11%. The only exception...when I first flash a tune, it goes to 25% for the first crank over. After that, down to 11%.

Thanks for your help.

Tuner in Training
    Bump. Ideas?

Idle airflow....? Can't see the tune at the moment. I will look later.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    Minimum Idle airflow is post start, and appears to be adjusted correctly. If I increase min idle airflow, once started, the idle is higher than it should be. This table does not appear to effect TPS % opening on cranking either.

Tuner
    What fuel are you using and which injectors?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGod View Post
    Minimum Idle airflow is post start, and appears to be adjusted correctly. If I increase min idle airflow, once started, the idle is higher than it should be. This table does not appear to effect TPS % opening on cranking either.
    I meant that in reference to startup airflow. That controls the TB opening during cranking, if however this is not a DBW system it simply adjusts fueling in proportion to air. Add 10% to the hot section.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Do a write entire with a stock file, and then start over. You can ballpark that setup in 15 minutes enough to just test it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    I meant that in reference to startup airflow. That controls the TB opening during cranking, if however this is not a DBW system it simply adjusts fueling in proportion to air. Add 10% to the hot section.
    Yes, startup airflow is having no effect. I can max it out, and the TPS settles to 11% anyways. This is a DBW system, and this table should be working, but its having zero effect.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Do a write entire with a stock file, and then start over. You can ballpark that setup in 15 minutes enough to just test it.
    A full write is worth trying for sure.

Tuner in Training
    I think I may have solved it. Not sure why this worked, but I put some values in the normally 0.00 values for minimum airflow (park and neutral - ive never changed these before, they are 0.00 stock) and this seems to have solved it.

? Well, congrats on that.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray