Thread: 4T65E TAP shift not responding to TCC tables in Manual mode

Tuner in Training

4T65E TAP shift not responding to TCC tables in Manual mode

*2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP LS4 fwd V8, rear mount turbo car*

Was curious as to why when I put transmission into Manual (TAP) shift mode the changes I made in the TCC lock up tables are as if there were no changes at all....The Auto mode reflects the changes through the drive train, but as soon as I pop it in Manual mode the converter locks right back up...then pop it back into manual and it unlocks just like I want it too....

All tq mngt is set to 0, WOT TCC tables are apply: 318, release 317, cruise tables set to same to mirror WOT, Diff Anti Score is disabled, DOD (Active Fuel Mngt.) disabled, and TCC apply normal and performance are set to 318 and release 317 in all gears except 4th where I want it to lock for highway drive ability. I'm on 2.22, not Beta...so IDK if there are possibly more tables for the TAP shift in that software, or not? It makes me wonder if there is a table that mirrors the existing trans tables, and that would have to be modified as well, but maybe someone missed it or didn't put it in the software?? We are red headed step children...LS platform with a V6 transmission!!! YIKES!

Post your tune so we can give it a look.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

Tuner in Training
    Did you edit the performance table as well as the normal table? Because Tap Shift is performance mode.