Thread: Found another awesome E85 study...

Advanced Tuner

Found another awesome E85 study...

Not sure if this one has been posted yet, but there's some good info in it that's for sure. 23 pages of lot's of tech-geek-engineer talk but if you take the time to sift through it all there's some useful stuff for us tuners. This one little tidbit was my favorite, in the LNF (Turbo Ecotec) world I've been telling guys for a long time now that it's not worth going full E85 in our cars. Here's what they say...

"For fuel blends above E20 the maximum torque curve was not significantly limited. E20 can provide 97% of the peak torque of E85."

Here's the link to the pdf...

http://delphi.com/pdf/techpapers/2011-01-0900.pdf

Happy reading and I'll be waiting for everyone's testing and findings on their own cars! I've been on E47 in both of our LNF cars for a year and a half or so and have had great results.

(I'm gonna post this in the V/8 section too, not sure if that's considered double posting? We don't have a "general" tuning section here do we?)

Interesting, thanks for posting!

Tuner
    I didn't see anything about cooling properties of say e20 vs e85... I was under assumption that e85 helped cool down internal combustion chamber temperatures... some people (like myself) on certain cars use it just for this thought/principle alone...if its true
    2010 Camaro SS LS3 - Heads, Cam, Whipple 11psi 756whp 663wtq 93 and meth