Thread: GTP turbo tune

Tuner in Training

GTP turbo tune

Hey,

I recently swapped my N* TB n LQ4 for a stock L67 TB. Can someone take a look at the scan and tell me what you think? Also i did notice me TPS sticking, i would have the pedal released but it was still registering 2-3%
    (1200-1500 RPM)

thanks

Tuner in Training

tune

i finally was able to get a good scan on my MAF and i noticed that my STFT where -12/-25 past 5K hz. how much do i change those numbers to get the numbers closer to -10/+10?

thanks

Tuner in Training
    Stft's are not what you would primarily use, ltft's are. I use total trim by adding them together. usualy I cut the fuel trim in half and apply the change to the maf table where it is affected. eg. if at 3500hz you are -20 i would subtract 10% to that part of the maf table as not to over shoot. You will have to re-log and adjust several times to get it right, be sure to smooth the table out after making adjustments. I had a nice histogram setup and a excel spread sheet to do it for me on my old comp. which died. If you search you will find many many tuning guides which better describe this and in more detail. There are many methods to adjust your fuel trims this is the way I do it, some trim injectors, some adjust other tables...... Are you running the LT1 maf?

I have the Z7 turbo kit as well, just put it in a couple days ago... Different feel for sure...

edit... forgot to mention make tripple sure you do not have any vac. leaks.
    09 CTS-V

Tuner in Training

tune

Hey,

thanks for the response. I am running a stock L67 MAF. I finally figured out my issue with the bogging under boost, the MAF was maxing. I adjusted it to 16,000hz, no more issues.

I have been using a LTFT hista that is working good. I have been basically comapring my old MAF table to the new to see where it has improved and then adjust it bu .05 in hte areas needed. Do you smooth the entire table or just the areas you changed?

I love the turbo, it is really nice getting it running good! its been awhile haha

thanks

MAF table only goes to 11,500 hz so running anything over that is useless. Scale it with a fixed percentage AFC.
    '89 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Coupe - '99 L67 minus the M90 plus a 60-1

Tuner in Training

tune

i have a AFC 2.2, its not hooked up yet. How do i scale the MAF down?

What happens when the MAF goes over the 11500? I have noticed that after that point the LTFT locks in at 0 no matter what.

thanks