Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone smarter than I take a look at my tune

Tuner in Training

Someone smarter than I take a look at my tune

Hello, Have a 05 2500hd 6.0 that I'm trying to get tuned. I'm getting better but still have a lot to learn compared to some of you guys. Right now I'm still in SD because I cannot get a MAF .CFG to work with the wideband for some reason? In my scan most when you see the 15ish A/f ratios most are coasting. The first bit is just cruisin around then theres a WOT pull towards the end where I'm getting some decent knock. Please take a look at my scan and tune and tell me what I need to do. Please don't kick me in the dirt as I am new, but I take constructive criticism well. Thank you

I didn't look at the tune yet but what are the specs of the motor?
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

Tuner in Training
    6.0, has a very small comp cam I'll have to look the specs up on it.

Tuner in Training
    cam is a comp 54-451-11

Advanced Tuner
    208/212 .554/.558 115 lsa

Advanced Tuner
    Are you working on getting the fueling dialed in? It's going pretty lean up top.

The WOT knock retard happens at a weird point where the timing is fairly low so it could be false knock. Do you have longtube headers that could possibly be hitting the frame or something?

Tuner in Training
    I'm working on getting the ve good and I've thrown some timing at it.

Advanced Tuner
    One issue I see off the start is that youve added timing in your "low octane" tables .. but left the high octane tables alone. Copy and paste your low octane tables that youve been modifying to your high octance tables .

Tuner in Training
    I noticed that when I posted it up. But this thing I don't believe ever runs on high octane table will it?

The computer references the high octane table first until it detects knock, then references the low octane. At least thats what I've been told.
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

PCM interpolates between High and Low Octane based on the Knock Learn Factor (or similar name) Index. A Knock Learn Factor (KLF) (you can log it on most OS if you wish) of 1.0 = High Octane and KLF of 0 = Low Octane. 0.5 would be half way between the two, 0.75 mean 75% weighted towards the High Octane and so on. How quickly the PCM moves from KLF of 1 to 0 when knock occurs and how quickly it returns in the absence of further knock is able to be modified on most OS.

There are some conditions in the PCM that will revert to Low Octane (KLF = 0) immediately. One example is a failed MAF in a Stock OS. On some Gen4s this is editable, not on Gen3s that I am aware. I believe the default for cases on Gen3s is a KLF = 1, so High Octane.

Tuner in Training
    anyone else wanna take a look at my tune and get back with me? I know theres more timing to be had any pointers?

Tuner in Training
    Okay guys pulled a tune from the repository and stole his timing table. Went from 18 degrees at WOT to 25 degrees. Had some knock issues, dropped my PE AFR from 13 to about 12.6 knock disappeared. dropped .2 seconds from 10mph-70mph.

can I get some input?

Advanced Tuner
    Keep working on the fueling as that is the most important part right now. Speaking of fueling, why does your VE table have a mohawk, lol? Are you tuning VE or MAF?

Try the timing in the attached tune and tell me how you like it. It should raise the timing with rpm, instead of lowering it like your current table does.

Tuner in Training
    The mohawk is as far as I can get my map to register lol. I'm never in ranges above the "mohawk" so I didn't worry about smoothing it. VE

Advanced Tuner
    4400 rpm/mohawk is where you get that drop in afr in your logs. It's a whole point rich(you're seeing 11.5, while commanded is 12.6). What config are you using to tune the VE?

Tuner in Training
    there is the .cfg

Tuner in Training
    I see what your talking about on that 4400 RPM column I never noticed that I was jumping that high. I don't know how I overlooked that.

Advanced Tuner
    Make your VE AFR error histogram settings look like this.

BTW, I've always thought you were supposed to log AFR Commanded HIGH res. Might want to do a search on that.

Tuner in Training
    Will that smooth out my dips and hills in my AFR? And I always read that HI or LO didn't matter?

and is that CFG for my MAF I assume?
    Last edited by Binder man; 04-19-2012 at 09:16 PM.