Thread: P2101, P1516 Reduced Engine Power. Problem and Solution.

P2101, P1516 Reduced Engine Power. Problem and Solution.

Well I had been getting the codes in the title very sporadically causing my V to go into REP mode. It then started to pick up in frequency and basically any hard 2nd gear pull would trip REP mode. Also I was getting some slight throttle oscillation when going up a small grade around 2k RPM. There was nothing on the log to indicate WTF it was but I could feel it. Anyhow I had been searching for a while with no real good solutions so I decided to replace the TB.

Problem solved! I've had it fixed for a while now and wanted to post up my "fix" so that others had a better path to follow than I. Sometimes things are as simply as a broken part!
    03' Duramax CC/SB.

Potential Tuner GlassCity MBM Goat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    Well I had been getting the codes in the title very sporadically causing my V to go into REP mode. It then started to pick up in frequency and basically any hard 2nd gear pull would trip REP mode. Also I was getting some slight throttle oscillation when going up a small grade around 2k RPM. There was nothing on the log to indicate WTF it was but I could feel it. Anyhow I had been searching for a while with no real good solutions so I decided to replace the TB.

Problem solved! I've had it fixed for a while now and wanted to post up my "fix" so that others had a better path to follow than I. Sometimes things are as simply as a broken part!
    Sounds very similar to what my 05 GTO is doing. It's throwing a p2101, p0102, p0103 codes anytime I go wot. It looks like it is time to replace my throttle body.

If you don't mind me asking what throttle body were you using? OEM or aftermarket?
    Last edited by GlassCity MBM Goat; 04-21-2012 at 12:39 AM.

| LXR 245 Heads | TVS 1900 |OD 8 Rib Pulleys | SD Tune
    | 102mm TB | Lonnie's Pumps | Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's | 3800 Stall
    Base Dyno 337/331
    Post Mod's 636/533

Potential Tuner GlassCity MBM Goat's Avatar
    I finally took your advice and I just pulled the aftermarket tb. I changed back to the stock 90 mm & It cured my problem!! I wish I would have done this a long time ago.

| LXR 245 Heads | TVS 1900 |OD 8 Rib Pulleys | SD Tune
    | 102mm TB | Lonnie's Pumps | Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's | 3800 Stall
    Base Dyno 337/331
    Post Mod's 636/533