Thread: I want to unleash the beast....

Potential Tuner

I want to unleash the beast....

First off I want to thank cobaltssoverbooster for all the help. This is in a rail buggy and I am trying to get rid of all torque restrictions. Have we missed anything?

Here is the buggy http://www.woodsbuggy.com/index.php?...lit=babychains

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    please if you know 2.2's id much appreciate a look at this as i dont know as much about the 2.2 settings as i do the lnf's. i would defiantely like to know if we missed anything so we can both learn from it. i basically offered basic guidance as they are new to the program.

both of us know that the brake torque limit section we cant raise to 6042 and we believe its due to the stand alone configuration not recieveing the pedal sensor input for the brake. when it gets raised to max the computer throws an internal error P0606. at lower values it runs without the code but not as smooth as when the engine runs with the brake torque at max. if you know a way to bypass the brake pedal sensor so the ecu always thinks the pedal is not depressed i think they may benifit from that.

cssob
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 04-13-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

What about disabling the DTC to DO NOT REPORT?

P&P Tuning

We were leaving it as a last resort because we don't know of anyone making the internal codes dnr. Affraid it could possibly render the ecu inop. Unless u have seen it done of course.

Potential Tuner
    Still fell into limp with the P0606 deleted. No DTCs when I checked with the scanner.

Anyone have any input?
    Last edited by Ibanidiot2; 04-13-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

i have a few wiring things i am sorting out with my personal cobalt i will look into the brake pedal circuits and see if i can find anything interesting. just give me a bit it could take some time.

i may have progress for you that you may like but also im finding it could be bad news as well. but heres what i got from sifting through the 2.2l section of the factory tech manuals.
    Bad news first:
    the brake pedal as shown in one of the pictures is a sweeping sensor.
    it has a calibration included but unfortunatedly it reports to the BCM (body control module) and to the EBCM (electronic brake control module) through the can system.
    since you have removed both of these units you will not have a way of wiring the brake pedal into the ECM.
    as shown in the ABS wiring picture the two arrows one up and down are designating the two can lines (can signal hi wire and can signal lo wire).
    this further shows how you will not have communication of the brake sensor signal to the ecm as all sensor signals reporting to modules other than the ecm and transmitted through the two wire hi/lo can connection.

Better news: this may could be fixed.
    you may be able to use another pcm and get this code to go away. if it reoccurs in a second pcm then the internal performance code is recognizing the fact that a ton of sesnors are missing through the can system and thus you will have to add more modules and wire them in correctly with their required sensor inputs.
    -option 1 would be to find a factory 2.2 engine harness and use that. plug in your ecm and use the body control module and its correct harness and plug the sensors it needs in, such as brake/accelerator and see if the code stays gone. you can leave alot of the sensors out and just let the bcm throw all the codes it darn well pleases since the traction is turned off in the ecu you shouldnt see any torque restriction performed by ecu events.
    -option 2 would be to wire in the bcm and run two wires to the ecm can slots so they can both communicate with eachother. plug the proper resistance for the brake pedal sensor into the bcm pedal sensor circuit to fake it as never depressed and they should talk and make the code go away.
    the news i have isnt the best but its all i got as of now.

Advanced Tuner
    I feel like a bunch of well place resistors would solve a lot of those sensor issues.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

yea correct but the only problem is those sensors report to the bcm first not the ecu.
    idk if the 2.2 has the same steering angle sensor torque reduction as the lnf but well placed resistor for steering wheel centered to bcm and place a resistor for brake pedal at rest position.