Thread: P0606 on a p12 ECM.

Tuner in Training

P0606 on a p12 ECM.

So, I have had this happen only once before on a corvette, the fix was to go back to stock on the tps/app stuff. Problem here is that there is no access for this, Nor have I touched any values aside from timing and fuel. I had wrote about 7 times in 4 hours and I am using 2.24 MVPI Pro. I am not new to this, VATS is not the problem, the PCM is a no start with P0606 as the ONLY code (which is supposed to be a bad write) but it won't take to a stock file nor anything else. Is there a procedure to fix this, or did I do something that fried the computer. My understanding is the P12 is a solid computer and not known for crapping out.

Any ideas, procedures, checks that are available would be much appreciated, I did some but not extensive searching on the issue, and found nothing relating to a P12.

Car is a 2007 Cobalt SS Turbo-Swap, this was a tune fix, I had just got the previous tuner's tune off it to fix a few tables at a time and get it idling and driving right...customer is upset by ongoing problems, and it's understandable.

If anyone can help I'll post it up if it works or not for others to see.

Tuner in Training
    Anybody?

Tuner in Training
    Okay for those who care to know, the 5v+ BUS was actually 3.91 volts and it was fluctuating. In fact, the tune the car had prior to me was junked entirely because of skewed numbers. I didn't catch it initially and should have when I saw how far I had to change the tune to get it to idle. Apparently this has been gradually getting worse until finally subjecting it to a few writes sent it over (that's a guess). I have a OCD like procedure for writing calibrations... These things really...stick the cigarette lighter voltage meter in the car, connect the laptop (which itself has 12,000 mah worth of batteries) shut the door, turn the key on, read entire...shut car off, open door, do my thing, shut door, turn key on... disconnect usb, reconnect usb, write calibration, turn car off, open door, start scanner, start car, start log, drive...rinse, repeat.

So lesson for me, do a bus test from now on if there's any doubt.