Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No start, then start

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    I'm just saying they look like they have a pretty good lip on them. Thats why he disconnected the brakes because he couldn't get the calipers off.
    I C! I C! :P
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

So back on topic...I looked at it again today, logged cam sensor count and was getting a big goose egg which is weird because I wasn't getting a check engine light about the cam sensor. Checked DTC's and sure enough I was getting P0340 and 341 but no CEL. I had them set to MIL on second error and I have been tuning so much that I have not had two ignition cycles inbetween flashes is my guess why I didn't see a CEL. Anyway I checked the harness that was suspect that I jiggled before to get it to go away and one of the female pins was bent so as not to put pressure on the male pin. Took it out of the connector and bent it back and put it all together and sprayed down with contact cleaner and cam count incremented. Voila.

A big plus is the car drives a ton better now. This whole time I've been firing the injectors in batch mode which it does when it can't get a cam signal. I had been beginning to regret my cam decision because the car was a dog below 3k and boost seemed to come on late. Now its torqey on the low end and boost is coming on quicker so I'm a lot happier. Did some tuning tonight on low boost (10#) and middle bost (15#) and it felt great.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    So back on topic...I looked at it again today, logged cam sensor count and was getting a big goose egg which is weird because I wasn't getting a check engine light about the cam sensor. Checked DTC's and sure enough I was getting P0340 and 341 but no CEL. I had them set to MIL on second error and I have been tuning so much that I have not had two ignition cycles inbetween flashes is my guess why I didn't see a CEL. Anyway I checked the harness that was suspect that I jiggled before to get it to go away and one of the female pins was bent so as not to put pressure on the male pin. Took it out of the connector and bent it back and put it all together and sprayed down with contact cleaner and cam count incremented. Voila.

A big plus is the car drives a ton better now. This whole time I've been firing the injectors in batch mode which it does when it can't get a cam signal. I had been beginning to regret my cam decision because the car was a dog below 3k and boost seemed to come on late. Now its torqey on the low end and boost is coming on quicker so I'm a lot happier. Did some tuning tonight on low boost (10#) and middle bost (15#) and it felt great.
    if you would of just reversed the connection, you would of found that a long time ago! lol

So true.
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph

Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Are you coming to Dallas for the TI event this weekend?

Next weekend yea.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Next weekend yea.
    Oh yes next weekend. You are setup to race Feldman right?

Yea, him, JThurik and Rams.

How much would you want to take ~4-5 degrees out of Feldman's tune?
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Yea, him, JThurik and Rams.

How much would you want to take ~4-5 degrees out of Feldman's tune?
    It's already very low on timing. Makes 14.5 lbs @6500 and the timing is at 9 above 5600. Trying to make the stock motor last through that weekend.
    It sounds like he will be your best race.

I've done stupid shit like that a gazillion times.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Soooo, I got sick enough with the double start that I switched the outside wires in the cam sensor harness. As I thought it threw a cam sensor code right away so I put them back. So they are no reversed and I can't figure out why the heck it is double starting. It acts just like the cam sensor is bad in that it cranks and cranks and will actually backfire if I let it crank long enough, but no cam sensor code. Then the next time I start it, it turns right over.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Soooo, I got sick enough with the double start that I switched the outside wires in the cam sensor harness. As I thought it threw a cam sensor code right away so I put them back. So they are no reversed and I can't figure out why the heck it is double starting. It acts just like the cam sensor is bad in that it cranks and cranks and will actually backfire if I let it crank long enough, but no cam sensor code. Then the next time I start it, it turns right over.
    I'd fire the mechanic/tuner! any luck on those brakes? have you tried to give it more pedal while starting on the first turn?

Advanced Tuner
    I hate karma, dont ask...

fml

-Carl

uh oh...

spill it.
    Bill Winters

Yikes..what happened Carl
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Advanced Tuner
    got car back together and it spits out a P0340 code, I'm swamped this week, softball playoffs, school work and finals, oh and 7-4 job.

-Carl

Still looking for some insight to this...
    Bill Winters

What reluctor wheel does your engine have? a stock one? I've had two weird issues this past year on projects. One was a start no start. And the other was a cutout (shut off) at wot.

Both cars had slight imperfections in the reluctor wheel causing the crank sensor to lose single. I had LME install one of their billet reluctor wheels on both engines fixing the issues.

I think GM changed suppliers on the reluctor wheels because it takes 10 wheels to get one straight wheel. I only use the billet wheels now.

Just a FYI.
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph

I'm sure it's an OEM wheel. I don't see any way to log the crank count. I don't suppose theres any way to tell that it's wonky? Just yank the motor, replace and hope for the best.
    Bill Winters